PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Trip Report - Day 5 Epcot & HS

jans2kids
07-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Day 5 and we are only hitting Epcot for the first time this trip. With being out late again last night we got off to a later start but we still managed to be at the gates just after park opening. Since we had FP for Soarin we headed to Test Track where there was a 30 minute wait already. After TT it was over to MSpace to use a FP we really didn't need but with the tiers you have to pick something. Then we did Ellen and skipped our next FP for SEarth so we could get to Soarin but that FP expired. While in the Land we signed up to do the Behind the Seeds tour later in the afternoon. We last did this tour 20+ years ago. We checked the kiosk to see if we could get FP for Illuminations but there were none left.
Today's lunch ADR's were for Via Napoli at 12:45 , our first time eating there. We took the Friendship boat from Mexico to Germany and arrived at Italy just in time to see the Sbandieratori Di Sansepolcro flag waving show and when that was over we watched Sergio's show. None of us were to impressed with the Flag Show which was new for this year.
Once inside Via Napoli we were seated in 10 minutes. We ordered 2 pizzas and an appetizer salad. The pizza crust is thin, there was very little sauce, but lots of cheese & toppings, but they are very overpriced. We haven't decided if we would try it again.
After lunch we watched another new act the American Music Machine acapella group at the American Gardens Theater. The 5 member group put on a 20 minute show that was lively and they performed short mash-ups of many songs. Antonio who did sound effects and instrumental sounds was very good. Staying in that area we headed into the American Adventure to catch the Voices of Liberty and the American Adventure show.
We had to be back at the Land by 3:30 to check in for the tour so once again we took the Friendship boat from Germany back to Mexico and walked to the Land. They run 9 tours a day and the cost is $20 and there are discounts available for the hour tour. Our group of 12 had just started the tour and entered the greenhouse when a storm hit and the rain hitting the greenhouse roof was so loud that the tour guide had to shout so that we could hear her. You basically see the same things that you would see on the boat ride but you see them up close and can take your time looking at everything. Seeing the size of some of the fruits and vegetables up close is amazing and your're free to take pictures everywhere. You even get samples of cucumbers grown there.
Once the tour was over we headed over to the closed Innoventions pavilion to get our free Disney Visa picture taken with Mickey. There was only one group waiting so we were in and out in less than 10 minutes. Nobody was really hungry yet but since we were in Future World we wanted to try the new Taste Track Kiosk outside the exit of TT and they were only open until 6:00. The Gruyere & Applewood Smoked Bacon is the sandwich we tried and it came with a cup of Tomato Bisque soup. I liked the menu sine it was something different than you can find elsewhere but on a 90+ degree day it's not something I want to eat standing out in the hot sun. There was no seating in the area, only 3 tables to stand at.
Now came the unplanned portion of the day. Andrew's favorite show is Illuminations so he wanted to stay and see that, but Bryan being a SW fan wanted to go back to HS and get a spot near the stage to see the Summon the Force show at 9:30 to be able to see the characters up close and get some good pics. So we split up and Bryan & Janice took the boat to HS while Andrew & I stayed at Epcot. We rode SEarth and then stopped at the Camera Center to redeem our coupon for our free Visa picture we had taken earlier. The clerk scanned our magic band and brought up our pictures but the ones with Mickey were not there. This being Disney he just didn't say sorry and send us on our way. He asked what time we had it taken and started pulling up pictures. Then he asked if we remembered who was before us and we were able to describe them and within 5 minutes he had found our pictures and put them on our MB. He printed out our free copy and off we went. He was from Pittsburgh also.
Meanwhile the other two were in HS a good 2 1/2 hours before the show and they texted us that they had staked their spot in the front row near the stage. They were entertained for the next 2 hours by DJ Lobot's dance party. Andrew & I decide to get a snack and since he wanted to do some shopping in the WS we opted for another new place and that was L'Artisan des Galces ice cream shop in France. On the way we saw the end of the Lumberjacks show in Canada. This was hard for him to watch as Off Kilter was his favorite show of all time at Epcot and he hated to see it go. We took our ice cream and found a shady spot in France to eat by the perfume store and then we split up. He headed off to shop and watch Illuminations and I headed to the Boardwalk to see the entertainment. There are normally 3 different acts per night (jugglers, magicians, mimes) that rotate around the boardwalk. Once I saw each act I jumped on a boat and headed over to HS where I Janice & Bryan to wait for the show.
Oh to be young again. Andrew was going to watch Illuminations and then meet us back at the hotel, but instead he watched from near France & was able to get out of Epcot and ran the whole way to HS and found us 5 minutes before the show started. James Arnold Taylor hosts the show. He starts out introducing characters from the Jedi, Bounty Hunters, Clone Wars and Darth Maul. Then its the Rebel Alliance, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Hans Solo, Chewbacca and R2D2. Where else could you get a picture of all five of them together. Then its Boba Fett and Darth Vader. Then the show ends with all the characters on stage at the same time. Next is the Symphony in the Stars Fireworks and as I stated on day 3 we had a good view of the FW's that night, but this night was the worst view. With the stage right in front of us it blocked the view of a lot of them. But that was ok as we saw what we came to see this night. After it was over we just hung out on a bench for about 15 minutes and let the crowds push to the exits then walked slowly out to the bus and we were back at the hotel in 10 minutes.
Tomorrow believe it or not will be the 4th day in a row at HS and also AK.

faline
07-28-2015, 09:58 AM
Wow - you covered lots of ground this day - particularly your son who was able to watch Illuminations and make it to Hollywood Studios for the Star Wars show!!

LandFan
07-30-2015, 09:29 PM
Sounds like so much fun!! Can't wait for Star Wars Land full time!!

hauntedmansiongirl
08-09-2015, 04:37 AM
We will miss Off Kilter too! The last time we were there was the last week that they were playing. It was so sad!

How were the Lumberjacks?...