PDA

View Full Version : Poly CL or GF Sugarloaf CL?

Jen C.
07-27-2015, 01:57 PM
Hey guys....
We are currently booked for 6 nights at the Polynesian, garden view club level, the end of next month. I understand there is significant construction going on at the quiet pool, and that most, if not all, garden view club level room will be facing that construction. Just didn't bother us too much, as we are typically not in the room at all whatsoever during the day. I tried to add a night the beginning of our stay for a 7 night total stay, & I was told there was no availability at the Polynesian in the garden view club level, but I could transfer the whole reservation to lagoon view, for an additional 1400 dollars for the week. I can't justify spending that much money for a view.
The reservation agent I spoke with also offered us the option of transferring for the entire 7 nights over to the Grand Floridian, in the Sugarloaf building, club level. This option is just about the same price as the Polynesian. I have stayed club level at the Grand Floridian once before, but we were in the main building at the Royal Palm club.
I would like to hear your opinions on whether or not we should just stay where we are at the Polynesian, with the construction, or if we should just move to GF. We are a party of 5, myself, DH, 15 DD, 14 DS, and 9 DD.
Thanks for your input!

brownie
07-27-2015, 04:21 PM
I'd turn it over to Magical Journeys and see what they can do for you.

DebK
07-27-2015, 04:50 PM
If the reservation is paid in full or was made more than 30 days ago, we are not permitted to do a transfer....

Jen C.
07-27-2015, 05:23 PM
It's a room only reservation. I can cancel it and start over, I think. Also, travel dates are 8/31-9/6.

kpen625
07-28-2015, 05:31 AM
If you still want the additional night, I would xfer the whole thing to the Grand Floridian so that you do not have to switch hotels during the trip. With the price being similar, if you feel like you are missing out on that Poly experience you can hop right over. Either option is a great one! Have a great trip!!

mydisneygirls
07-28-2015, 10:01 AM
I personally would stick with the Poly. Call me crazy, but I like it much better than the GF. If you're never in your room during the day, then you won't be sitting out on the balcony/patio looking at the construction. The CL room faces the lagoon so this is the view you'll be able to enjoy. My kids always loved the pool there better too!

KarenP
07-28-2015, 11:30 AM
That's a hard decision! Poly is my favorite resort, but I also just got back from a stay at GF in main building CL and loved it! If you want to stay an extra night though, I think I'd opt for GF! 7 nights is better than 6!

SurferStitch
07-28-2015, 11:38 AM
We've stayed in both Royal Palm Club and Sugar Loaf, and loved both!!

Sugar Loaf was very relaxed, and the offering were every bit as good and plentiful as RPC.

The staff was excellent (better than RPC), and a couple of the lovely ladies who worked the lounge area were super sweet, and loved waiting to see us come down to the lounge before dinner to see what we were wearing. They said it was a highlight for them, and made us feel so special!

Our concierge (Robert) was amazing, and did so many nice things for us during our stay (champagne in our room on several nights, took lovely photos of us around the grounds one night and gave us a beautiful 11X14" frame for a pic, chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries... he even made sure a new bottle of my favorite wine was available EVERY night because I didn't care for cordials/brandy. He had a full bottle and a glass so I could always have my favorite there to enjoy a nice glass while watching fireworks from the dock. We were treated MUCH better at SL and RPC!

The one lady who served in the lounge (Evelyn) was so incredible. She was crying (as was I) the day we checked out.

I would take GF Sugar Loaf and never look back!!

Hammer
07-28-2015, 12:25 PM
We've stayed in both Royal Palm Club and Sugar Loaf, and loved both!!

Sugar Loaf was very relaxed, and the offering were every bit as good and plentiful as RPC.

The staff was excellent (better than RPC), and a couple of the lovely ladies who worked the lounge area were super sweet, and loved waiting to see us come down to the lounge before dinner to see what we were wearing. They said it was a highlight for them, and made us feel so special!

Our concierge (Robert) was amazing, and did so many nice things for us during our stay (champagne in our room on several nights, took lovely photos of us around the grounds one night and gave us a beautiful 11X14" frame for a pic, chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries... he even made sure a new bottle of my favorite wine was available EVERY night because I didn't care for cordials/brandy. He had a full bottle and a glass so I could always have my favorite there to enjoy a nice glass while watching fireworks from the dock. We were treated MUCH better at SL and RPC!

The one lady who served in the lounge (Evelyn) was so incredible. She was crying (as was I) the day we checked out.

I would take GF Sugar Loaf and never look back!!

I've stayed Sugar Loaf CL and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. The food and drink offering are practically identical to the Main Building. You are paying extra to be in the main building. Like the previous poster, the staff was fantastic during our stay. My sister and I like champagne, and it is out during dinner and cordials, but they were more than willing to bring us each a glass during tea service.

SurferStitch
07-30-2015, 11:27 AM
I've stayed Sugar Loaf CL and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. The food and drink offering are practically identical to the Main Building. You are paying extra to be in the main building. Like the previous poster, the staff was fantastic during our stay. My sister and I like champagne, and it is out during dinner and cordials, but they were more than willing to bring us each a glass during tea service.

Ah yes... I have champagne during tea service on several occasions when we were actually there to partake. Little scones and pastries go quite well with the bubbly!! :thumbsup:

dtootsie42
08-01-2015, 02:09 PM
We have stayed both Poly CL and at Sugar Loaf CL and though we have always loved the Poly we actually enjoyed Sugar Loaf better. The atmosphere was very relaxed and we had terrific service. Loved every minute at Sugar Loaf :mickey:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dec 1997-Contemporary
Dec 1999-Poly
Dec 2001-Poly concierge
June 2002-Disneyland (off site)
Dec 2003-Poly concierge
Dec 2005-Poly concierge
Dec 2007-Poly concierge
Oct 2008-Disneyland (off site)
Dec 2009-Poly concierge
Nov 2010-Disneyland Hotel
Feb. 2012- Grand Floridian concierge celebrating 25 years of marriage just hubby and I
September 2012- Paradise Pier
January 2014-Grand Floridian concierge
December 2014-Grand Californian

Jen C.
08-03-2015, 11:29 AM
I took the advice of the majority, and switched all 7 nights to GF Sugarloaf. Thank you for sharing your experiences!!
My son has some sensory issues, and I was just too hesitant that the construction noise would be a source of stress for him (and therefore all of us!). I loved TPC, so I'm sure I will love Sugarloaf as well. Any suggestions on room requests in Sugarloaf?