PDA

View Full Version : Food at Pop Century

peter's #1 fan
07-26-2015, 08:06 PM
We're going to Disney in 12/2015 and haven't been in 3 years. I read reviews on another web site that the food isn't good at Pop Century. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks

Itchy
07-26-2015, 08:45 PM
I will be at POP Century this September, and have stayed there a lot. I would say that the food is good for a counter service meals

Most of our meals at POP are breakfast, light lunch, and snacks.

From what I have seen most things are cooked or prepared fresh. I would go to the Disney web site under dining and look for Everything POP and look at their menu's. You might be surprised.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

LandFan
08-01-2015, 03:14 PM
We think Pop's food is quite good for a counter service at a resort! I especially love their parmesan crusted chicken!

darthmacho
08-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Based on our stay in 2012 (which could be considerably outdated at this point) I found that the food was good at Pop Century. What I found to be lacking at times was the service. Half the time, it was great, and on par with our expectations, about half the time, the food court was in disarray, the dining room was dirty, and the attitudes were listless at best.

TWICE, I ordered something called a Mexican Hot Dog, and despite there being a HUGE sign right on the counter top depicting what it was (it was a regular hot dog with a pre-made black bean dip on top) they looked at me like I had two heads for ordering it and had no idea how to make it. They actually had to get the manager to figure it out the first time, and the second time I just changed my order as fast as possible to not have to deal with it.

Overall, don't let it deter you from staying at Pop. It's a great resort. Worse comes to worse, head over to Art of Animation and eat there. We did that a few times, and loved it.

etibbetts
08-03-2015, 12:38 PM
I've stayed many times at POP, most recently September 2014. The food was fine. It's a standard CS. Some things are very good, others just so-so. The chicken pot pie was very good.

One of the best things about staying at POP is having the option to walk to AOA to eat at their food court too. AOA has the make your own pasta station, loved that.

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-03-2015, 05:09 PM
We were just there (flew home last night) and would have to agree with the sentiment that overall the food is above average for counter service.
I question some items, like a breakfast sandwich served on regular white bread, but I guess if people weren't ordering it they wouldn't be offering it.

All in all I would rank it just below AoA's food court as the best food courts at WDW.
But... expectations at food courts aren't all that high to start with.