PDA

View Full Version : Transportation paths to Magic kingdom

johnw
07-26-2015, 05:15 PM
:mickey:Still in planning stages and have not chosen a place to stay. Was thinking about a mod. Resort like Disney port Orleans Riverside royal suite. Is it wise to try to stay at a hotel that has more then just the bus option to the parks? John

EpcotFan182
07-26-2015, 05:38 PM
It's not necessary, but I personally prefer staying at hotels where I don't have to rely solely on bus transport. If you stay in a MK resort you'll have monorail and/or boat access to the MK and Epcot (you can even walk to the MK if you're staying at the Contemporary). If you stay in an Epcot resort you can walk or boat it to Epcot and the Studios.

faline
07-26-2015, 07:06 PM
Keep in mind that, typically, the resorts with more options also have increased room rates and move into the deluxe category instead of the moderate category. We've stayed at all levels of Disney accommodations and got along just fine when staying at resorts that had all bus transportation options. We just plan accordingly.

brownie
07-27-2015, 04:24 PM
We generally skip the Disney transportation and use a rental car.

CanadianWDWFan
07-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Moderates are a good choice, or favourite is POFQ with POR Royal Suites a close second. The multiple bus option is not that much of an issue. The Royal Suites are close to two stops, the main by the main building(first stop) and the stop on the loop around the resort. We chose to walk to the first stop from the Royal Suites since we would be the first on the bus and always got a seat.

We generally skip the Disney transportation and use a rental car.
Usually the case for us as well, EXCEPT I will never drive again to MK. Been stuck in the masses waiting for transportation to get out to the parking lot too many times. Buses are your best bet for MK IMHO.

Priority Four
07-28-2015, 12:10 PM
There are three separate waterways. MK area DTD Area and the area between EPCOT and HS. They do not connect. I think Riverside is the the only moderate on a waterway and it is the DTD.

We always have a car and we always ride the buses except for the water parks and DTD.

Boat transportation is great from WL to MK and BC/YC to HS. Thats about the only time we use them.

AgentC
07-28-2015, 01:00 PM
Moderates are a good choice, or favourite is POFQ with POR Royal Suites a close second. The multiple bus option is not that much of an issue. The Royal Suites are close to two stops, the main by the main building(first stop) and the stop on the loop around the resort. We chose to walk to the first stop from the Royal Suites since we would be the first on the bus and always got a seat.

Usually the case for us as well, EXCEPT I will never drive again to MK. Been stuck in the masses waiting for transportation to get out to the parking lot too many times. Buses are your best bet for MK IMHO.

Totally agreed on MK. I usually prefer driving to everything since I always have my car :) but MK is such a pain to get in and out of. I prefer the bus there as well.