PDA

View Full Version : Enough time?

Wall-e
07-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Not sure if we can make this work. My mom is leaving Disney before the rest of us. Her flight leaves MCO at 1:55pm on a Sunday. We have a breakfast ADR at AK at 8:10. The Park opens at 9. If I get a Safari fast pass for 9 so we can ride as soon as we are done eating do you think that will allow enough time for her to get the bus back to CBR to get the Magical Express to MCO? I think it will be at the resort to pick her up around 11. I am not sure how long the safari ride actually takes, but I think if she is on a bus back to her hotel by 10 she should be ok? What do you guys think?

If we attempt this and fail, and she checked-in her luggage at the resort will it still be taken to MCO and she could catch a cab?

Thanks!

faline
07-24-2015, 03:14 PM
I believe the Magical Express pick up time is approximately three hours before your flight. As long as you are flying a participating airline, you can use the airline resort check-in service for your luggage regardless of whether or not you use Magical Express. If any carry-on luggage is stored at the resort, you would also need to allow time to have that retrieved from the storage area before the Magical Express pickup time. I think your plans might be cutting it a bit close. It might work better if she takes a cab from Animal Kingdom back to the resort to catch the Magical Express bus?

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-24-2015, 04:39 PM
I always hate "do I have enough time" questions. Even when you *should* have enough time, there are so many things that can delay you at Disney, that I am always wary to say "yes".

You should be able to make it, but there isn't a lot of wiggle room in case something gets delayed. Your luggage will be good no matter what, and should be OK for ME, but it could be tight. I like the idea of planning for a cab between AK and the resort, just in case, and you can choose to still take the bus if it is there.

Wall-e
07-24-2015, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the responses. Not sure why I didn't think about a cab from AK back to the CBR, that is a great idea!

WiltonJohn
07-24-2015, 06:03 PM
I think the key question in this kind of thing is what are the consequences of missing the timing on the events. Missing a dinner appointment is one thing. Missing a flight is another.

If missing the flight is not a crisis situation either in having to be somewhere at a certain time or financially ..... then trying to cram in one more thing might make some sense. But if missing the flight has larger consequences...... what you are doing is effectively saying that watching the animals on the safari is of more significance than missing the flight.

What happens if the cab is late or breaks down? What happens if the cab hits a good traffic jam?

There is likely a good reason that the busses allow a certain amount of time to get to the airport........ historical averages. Might even they screw up sometimes........ probably.

Lots of stuff can go wrong when you try these kinds of things. If you can stand the fallout when they do........ not an issue.

best,

.....................john