PDA

View Full Version : What is a good time for dinner reservations?

tiggerifictwo
07-22-2015, 03:01 PM
Trying to plan for my september trip. I would like to be able to see the night time parades and shows . I am wondering what time would be good for dinner reservations. My thought is to go to the resort, swim and or rest, and then go to dinner. After dinner then go back in the park for the shows. Thoughts ?

tinkwest
07-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Time out from the parks, then dinner, then nighttime entertainment sounds great to me. Right now crowds are lining up early, and I mean EARLY!, for the Paint the Night parade. If you want to have a decent spot I would suggest getting there at least two hours prior to parade time, so plan your meal time accordingly. This is based on crowd sizes and spot savers that we experienced last month. September may be a bit easier to deal with, but you never know, especially with Halloween Time beginning earlier and earlier each year.

tiggerifictwo
07-22-2015, 04:40 PM
Tinkwest do you happen to know what time the paint the night parade will be in sept?

tinkwest
07-22-2015, 05:28 PM
Tinkwest do you happen to know what time the paint the night parade will be in sept?

September info is just starting to come out. What time of the month will you be there? There are several nights in September that Disneyland will be hosting Mickey's Halloween Party (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=209897). On those nights the parade will be for party guests only.

ETA: Looks like 8pm is about what time the parade will be running on non-party nights.

BrerGnat
07-22-2015, 05:54 PM
5-6pm is a good dinner time.

tiggerifictwo
07-23-2015, 01:14 PM
It will be before the parties start. Thanks for the info. :)

PopPhan
08-04-2015, 11:59 AM
5-6pm is a good dinner time.

Does this hold true for Fantasmic! Dining Package in DL and World of Color Dining Package in DCA?

Would I be better served booking lunch for the WoC package at Carthay Circle?

BrerGnat
08-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Does this hold true for Fantasmic! Dining Package in DL and World of Color Dining Package in DCA?

Would I be better served booking lunch for the WoC package at Carthay Circle?

I don't know too much about those. However, both of those shows are late enough that eating between 5 and 6 is plenty of time to eat and then still have time to do stuff in the park before the shows.