PDA

View Full Version : FP+ in Disneyland?

VacationDisney
07-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Do the parks in California use the FP+:confused:

Also, is it mandatory to do dining reservations 180 days out as we have to do in WDW?

tinkwest
07-21-2015, 07:24 PM
No Fastpass+. Dining reservations are available 60 days prior.

BrerGnat
07-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Dining reservations aren't even really needed. You can make them if you want, but walk ups are welcome and accommodated everywhere.

BriarRose0708
07-22-2015, 09:35 AM
No FP+ yet but rumor has it a version of it for DLR is coming.

If you want a character meal like Ariel's Grotto, breakfast with Minnie and Friends, etc. I would recommend a reservation. Pretty much what Natalie said, walk ups are common there but depending on the restaurant the wait could be long so if you'd rather not have to wait a reservation is a good idea. Happy eating!

PopPhan
07-22-2015, 10:11 AM
Not to hijack this thread, but since ADRs for dining were mentioned.....

Is the viewing area that much different, and the food that much better, that Blue Bayou is a $20 upcharge from River Belle Terrace for Fantasmic dining?

Also, is Carthay Circle worth the $18 upcharge from Ariel's Grotto or Wine Country Trattoria for World of Color dining?

I have a couple months before I can book these for my December trip and I would like to get my 'ducks in a row' and be ready when the time comes.

BrerGnat
07-22-2015, 12:12 PM

Is the viewing area that much different, and the food that much better, that Blue Bayou is a $20 upcharge from River Belle Terrace for Fantasmic dining?

Also, is Carthay Circle worth the $18 upcharge from Ariel's Grotto or Wine Country Trattoria for World of Color dining?

I have a couple months before I can book these for my December trip and I would like to get my 'ducks in a row' and be ready when the time comes.

It's the food that causes the up charge. River Belle Terrace is a CS place, while Blue Bayou is the most expensive TS inside DL park. Carthay Circle is on par with most signature dining spots at WDW. Although my sister did the Ariel's Grotto meal recently and said she thought the food was better than Carthay Circle, so there is that. The seating areas are similar, I believe.

tinkwest
07-22-2015, 03:23 PM

I have still not seen Fantasmic! since the Fastpass system was applied to it. Here is some first hand information from Lacy on River Belle Fantasmic! dining (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=209578&highlight=fantasmic).

The best views and the least amount of crowd hassle we have ever had for World of Color have always been when we had the Carthay Circle dining. Personally, unless I have a bad experience at some point, this will probably be the only way I will go for the WoC Fastpass.