PDA

View Full Version : Walkway from Shades of Green to Poly?

Simba 1
07-20-2015, 03:17 PM
We are staying at Shades of Green for a couple nights on an upcoming visit. I heard there is a walkway from SOG to the Poly, where we can pick up normal resort transportation. Does anyone know if that is still available? Last year we ate dinner at the Poly and there was construction and barriers everywhere. Just double checking whether the walkway is still accessible. Any idea how long a walk it is?

T-Belle
07-20-2015, 03:45 PM
Yes, it's still there. I was there in May and walked there several times. It's about a 10 minute walk. If you're not up to walking you can ask at bell service for a ride on the Shady Shuttle. They'll take you down the sidewalk to the road. It's a free service but I usually give the driver a dollar or 2 tip.

Melanie
07-21-2015, 09:30 AM
Exactly right. Still there, even through the barriers and construction. It's an easy, scenic 10 minute walk.

JanetMegan
07-22-2015, 07:23 AM
A fun walk and sometimes you see gators ;)

Katzateer
07-22-2015, 08:48 AM
A fun walk and sometimes you see gators ;)

:confused: really? I would expect attack mosquitos maybe but are there really any critters to worry about? Walking at night now I will be looking over my shoulder and walking a little faster lol. The only place I have seen a small gator is AK near Flame Tree.

JanetMegan
07-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Well that was a long time ago but we used to see them almost every walk...

T-Belle
07-25-2015, 06:15 PM
There's a small gator in the little pond by the gazebo at Shades of Green. We looked for him every night. At least he was there in May. My guess is they move them when they get too big.