PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Trip Report - Day 2 AK

jans2kids
07-17-2015, 09:30 AM
Today we will visit AK. Even though the rest of the family would like to sleep more on our trips it’s the one thing I win out on and most days we are up and out for park opening. To me there is nothing more beautiful than the parks in the morning at opening. A quick breakfast in the room and off to the buses. The wait was not to long and we were at the park entrance 10 minutes before park opening.
Our first stop was KSafari, we thought that more animals would be out an active first thing in the morning. They weren't, but that was ok as we knew we would be coming back here again on another day. We did get to see the lion awake for once and we got a glimpse of the baby rhino. If you have the chance ride it more than once as they say every ride is different. Next it was to my favorite show FOTLK. I have loved this show since the first time I saw it and as we were looking at some old pictures last week we were reminded that when it first opened in the old theater that the sides we open and it didn't have A/C.
Next it was over to see Flights in Wonder, we akways sit in the bleachers in the back, good phot ops for when the birds fly from the stage to the back, and then while in the area we had lunch at the Yak & Yeti counter service - food was only average. Now as the park was getting crowded it was time to use our 3 FP's. They were for EE, Dinosaur and we split the last one as Andrew and myself hit Kali while Janice and Bryan who didn't want to get soaked stopped over for pictures with Mickey at the Adventures Outpost. They were done quickly and able to get back and see us finish up our ride which we got wet on but just missed being in the seats that got soaked.
The one thing I did notice about the FP lines this whole trip is that there was always a wait to get to the entrance to scan and then once inside the que the wait was 10-15 minutes for most rides not like in the past where it was pretty much a walk up to the 2nd FP scan point.
Since we knew we were going to have another late night out we headed back to the CB for some rest and swimming. The weather was much like yesterday, hot with a nice breeze blowing, such that once wet you didn't want to be out of the water. Andrew hit the beach with a book and spent some time in the hammock while the rest of us swam in the Aruba quiet pool. We could hear the music and games from the main pool and took a walk over later to check it out, but that would be the only time we made it over to that pool. The main pool is completely fenced in and now closes at 11:00pm.
Around 6:00 we headed out to get the bus to DTD to and even with all those fancy places to eat we hit our favorite counter service, the Earl of Sandwich. It's one of the best sandwiches you will get and you can't beat the price. We love the Earl's Club and the Hawaiian BBQ.
After dinner we headed down to the boat dock and caught the boat to Port Orleans to do Janice's 2nd favorite thing and that was to see Ye Ha Bob. If you have never seen his show stop by sometime, it runs from 8:30 to 11:45 Wed thru Sat in the River Roost Lounge and "No One Has More Fun Than Bob". I had emailed him earlier in the week to let him know we would be there celebrating her B-day and sure enough before the show he came out and said hi and talked with us for a few minutes and once the show started he called her up to the stage to sit with him by his piano and sung happy birthday to her.
His show is broken into 3 sets and after the 2nd Janice and Andrew were tired and they headed back to CB via the bus, using MK as a transfer point. Bryan and I stayed until the end. We also should have used MK as our transfer point but we decided to get the bus to DTD. Lets just say that was the wrong decision as we let PO at 11:45 and got back to our room after 1:00. We were the only ones on the bus to DTD and the bus driver called in to see if he could take us to CB but they said no. Once at DTD we waited another 30 minutes for the CB bus.
Tomorrow will be HS for Star Wars Weekend.

faline
07-17-2015, 07:56 PM
Wow! Lots of stamina required for another early morning and late night!! Certainly was a fun day, though!!

LandFan
07-30-2015, 09:08 PM
We want to see Ye Haw Bob on one of our future trips. We hear many good things about him!

hauntedmansiongirl
08-09-2015, 04:10 AM
We love Yehaa Bob! How did you email him? We're going to see him on my nieces birthday and she would love to sit with him. He's such a great guy!

jans2kids
08-12-2015, 09:33 AM
Bob has his own website that he posts his schedule and pictures on. There is a tab for write to Bob and it links to his email.

princessgirls
08-27-2015, 01:02 PM
Awesome day, and no better way to end the day than with Bob at the Port Orleans!!

Today was a great Disney day!!!

Julie:mickey: