PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Bakery

NJGIRL
07-16-2015, 06:00 PM
I was looking for a couple of quick stop places to get grab and go breakfast in the parks for our upcoming trip. I went onto Disney's website and looked at the Main Street Bakery menu and all it lists are drinks. I know they used to have all kinds of pantry, candy, and a small assortment of sandwiches. I haven't been in there in two years. Do they no longer have food in the "bakery"?:(

faline
07-16-2015, 06:48 PM
It's now a Starbucks location. I understand they have some things to eat there but am not sure exactly what their menu is.

NJGIRL
07-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Maybe they should change the name then. I know Starbucks around here have a very small selection of snacks, not enough stuff to be labeled a bakery. This makes me sad. I don't care that they are selling Starbucks drinks there, but wish they would have kept the rest of the store as it was.

Basket Mommy
07-16-2015, 07:12 PM
They do have a decent selection of pastries. You can probably find them on the Starbucks website. No more huge cinnamon rolls, though.

VWL Mom
07-16-2015, 07:22 PM
Rumor has it the cinnamon rolls are now at Gaston's Tavern.

Sylvia
07-16-2015, 08:38 PM
I was a frequent bakery patron, but no more. I don't patronize Starbucks at home; I don't drink coffee and I don't care for their baked goods. Unless the Main Street Bakery carries Disney pastries/breakfast items, guess I won't be going there anymore. Another tradition gone. sad!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-16-2015, 08:40 PM

Yep! Now, I have to admit, I never had a bakery cinnamon roll, but the ones at Gaston's are *very* yummy.

NJGIRL
07-16-2015, 09:14 PM
Thanks everyone!

Basket Mommy
07-16-2015, 10:21 PM

Yes, but I miss them at the Main Street Bakery. The only thing I like at Starbucks is their hand shaken iced tea. Not a fan of their coffee drinks at all, and definitely not the food. It's like getting a donut at Dunkin Donuts (not fresh, trucked in from an offsite bakery) vs. getting a homemade donut continually made fresh (like Krispy Kreme).

mandaep
07-18-2015, 12:31 PM
I'm going to echo missing the bakery. We finally went in 2011 for the first time and loved having a small breakfast in a sit down area that wasn't hectic. Their lattes were small and pre-made but I actually liked them a LOT, and I'm a very picky latte drinker. Our son was 14 months and in a stroller the second time we went through, and they loved his smile so much and were gushing over him they gave him a 12 inch diameter chocolate chip cookie that we have picture of him holding. Such good memories. That was our new favorite place :(

Pooh Fan
07-20-2015, 03:47 PM
I really missed the rolls on my last trip. Excited to here they have been revived at Gaston's

TheVBs
07-20-2015, 05:40 PM
We've never tried the rolls at either place. We'll have to get some this year.

MADnNOLA
07-21-2015, 11:36 AM
Here (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/main-street-bakery/menus/)s a link to the full menu. It includes the small plates and breakfast plates, along with the bakery items. :thumbsup:

i'm grumpy
07-22-2015, 11:11 AM
We only ate there once before they changed it. :( We don't drink coffee and getting milk at Starbucks for the baby was a nightmare.

CanadaLovesDisney
08-06-2015, 01:32 PM
I can personally confirm the cinnamon rolls are of the same quality as the former main street bakery. Gaston's Tavern has them now and they remain the size of your head lol

BrerGnat
08-06-2015, 03:41 PM
I can personally confirm the cinnamon rolls are of the same quality as the former main street bakery. Gaston's Tavern has them now and they remain the size of your head lol

Have to completely disagree. These cinnamon rolls are huge, but dry and lacking the gooey white icing that they had at the bakery.

CanadaLovesDisney
08-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Have to completely disagree. These cinnamon rolls are huge, but dry and lacking the gooey white icing that they had at the bakery.

We were there Boxing Day and ended up having to wait for more to be made and they were covered in white icing! I wish I still had pics! Maybe they did them up nicer because we had to wait so long!

snowflakegirl
08-07-2015, 08:08 AM
I used to dream about the chocolate croissants from the Bakery. This next trip will be my first without the tradition of having breakfast sitting on Main Street sipping coffee, people watching and enjoying the deliciousness. I''ll miss it.

mickeyman42
08-15-2015, 08:16 AM
can also confirm as a very picky cinnamon roll fan that the rolls at Gaston's Tavern are as good and are of the same quality as the rolls previously found at the main street bakery.