PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Expedia?

Simba 1
07-16-2015, 05:58 AM
Planning a trip to WDW for Spring break 2016 for a family of 10. I found a great deal on Expedia for airfaire - $320 roundtrip. We usually pay well over that. I checked the air lines directly and the same flights are $30 more, so this would be a big savings for us. I've never used Expedia before and I am cautious about what limitations it might put on us if we have issues at the airport (like weather or mechanical) and need to be re-routed.

Does anyone have experience with buying off Expedia and do the airlines treat the ticket as if it were purchased from them directly?

Thanks!

Tink1
07-16-2015, 09:53 AM
Does anyone have experience with buying off Expedia and do the airlines treat the ticket as if it were purchased from them directly?

Thanks!

No, Expedia is a travel agency and you will deal with Expedia for any issues (they are agent of record). I cannot advise on how they are to deal with since I have never used them.

Make sure that their pricing is accurate though. Often times when you get to the end, they adjust the price.

Nanci

mydisneygirls
07-16-2015, 10:13 AM
There should be no difference in the price you get directly from the airline and the price on Expedia, Orbitz, etc. The price of the ticket is set by the airline and there are no "deals" on these sites. The only time you can get a better price through one of these sites would be for hotels.

I personally book directly through the airline.

crazygoalie39
07-16-2015, 11:19 AM
I use expedia almost exclusively and love it. It's especially great for bundles with hotel/flight/car. They also have a good rewards program. To answer your questions, like Nanci said, you'd use them to change anything if needed. However at the airport, I've missed a flight before that I booked through them and the airline just put me on the next available flight with no problem at all.