PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about..............

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
07-14-2015, 06:09 PM
Going down to WDW again first week of November and thinking about staying somewhere we have never stayed at before....so for those that have stayed at Wilderness Lodge....tell me about the good, the bad and the ugly.

chefmickey3
07-14-2015, 06:30 PM
One of our favorites...
amazing lobby
relatively small resort - not a lot of walking from any room
great pool
fun grounds...geyser
Walt's train in quiet room in Villas
boat ride to the MK and Contemporary
slightly cheaper than the other deluxes

We loved our stay here!

Strmchsr
07-14-2015, 06:42 PM
Wonder resort. Very beautiful. The only thing I would caution you about is that construction is starting on the new Wilderness Lodge DVC villas on Oct 26 which will close some amenities and could create some congestion in different areas.

faline
07-14-2015, 07:03 PM
Wonderful resort - have had many happy stays here. I can't think of any downside to this resort - except for the upcoming construction which Chris mentioned in his post.

Tank3434
07-14-2015, 08:18 PM
One of my favs! Love the lobby, love Whispering Canynon for breakfast, love the grounds and that it's a smaller resort. Also like mentioned it's cheaper then the other deluxe resorts so that's a plus for us too. I've also had pool view rooms before where you can watch the water parade at night from the balcony. Not sure about the upcoming construction and how it will affect things also I don't love the food court of the buses there so besides the MK boat I would say it might be worth a car if you can get a deal but it's still at the top of my list! We are trying Poly this year for the first time only because I have little kids and want to try the monorail but wouldn't think twice about returning to WL. Good luck!

mydisneygirls
07-15-2015, 12:49 PM
We LOVE the WL. It's where we stay every trip. Some people don't like staying in the rooms that overlook the lobby because they think it's noisy but I have to say this is our favorite area of the lodge to stay in. Opening the door in the morning and seeing the amazing lobby first thing....what can I say. The noise didn't bother us, even from Whispering Canyon. We really aren't there for long during breakfasat hours and never there during dinner hours. I'm hoping on our upcoming trip that we can get a room in the vicinity again.

Have nothing bad to say!!!!

Crow
07-15-2015, 11:12 PM
one of my favs

great lobby. love the gift shop, territory lounge, artist point. boat to MK good
buses can b a wait..had a 4th floor view of the smokehouse...not good