PDA

View Full Version : 6 people?

thejens
07-12-2015, 11:52 PM
What is the most cost effective way to bring 6 people to WDW? Two rooms at a value? Or moderate? We are not too excited about camping.

faline
07-13-2015, 07:13 AM
Have you considered renting points for a stay in a 2-bedroom villa? Intercot sponsor - The Timeshare Store - could help you with this.

Mickey'sGirl
07-13-2015, 08:17 AM
It depends on how much you are wanting to spend.

I would personally look into renting points for a two bedroom villa in a DVC resort (two bathrooms and a kitchen and washing machine).

Other options are a Cabin at Fort Wilderness, or two rooms at a value resort. I have never stayed at Fort Wilderness, so I cannot comment on enjoyment of them, but I have stayed at the values many times, and in two rooms, you would have the two bathrooms, as well as the great food courts.

faline
07-13-2015, 08:22 AM
IOther options are a Cabin at Fort Wilderness, or two rooms at a value resort. I have never stayed at Fort Wilderness, so I cannot comment on enjoyment of them, but I have stayed at the values many times, and in two rooms, you would have the two bathrooms, as well as the great food courts.

I have stayed in the cabins a number of times. While they are located in Fort Wilderness, it is really nothing like camping. The cabins have a full kitchen, a living area with pull down Murphy bed, full bathroom, and a separate bedroom which can contain a bed and bunks. There is an additional sink area in this bedroom. One of the upsides to the cabins is that you don't have any neighbors with adjoining walls - it's like having your own little house.

VAdizneefan
07-13-2015, 10:00 AM
It really depends of the makeup of the six people. Are you parents with 4 kids, four adults and two kids, etc. You'll want to look at the specific bedding at your options and compare to the guests that will be traveling.

You could do two rooms at a value for the cheapest option, then there are the family suites at Art of Animation that sleep six, or the cabins at Fort Wilderness.

allgiggles
07-13-2015, 09:09 PM
As far as sleeping arrangements go, two rooms will give you 4 double beds. A suite at AoA will give you a queen-size bed in the master bedroom, a pull out couch and a table/murphy bed that are both the approximate size of a double bed. (I know from experience that there is also room for 1 or 2 twin size air mattresses in the suite to give you more flexibility with sleeping arrangements.) The suite at ASMu would give you a queen-size bed in the bedroom, a pull-out couch that is a double, and a pullout chair and ottoman that are both singles. The cabins give you a double bed and a set of single bunk beds in the bedroom, and the murphy bed in the living room is also a double (I think...possibly a queen).

In addition to the sleeping arrangements of the 6 people, don't forget to consider the bathroom needs. The suites or two rooms will give you 2 bathrooms. The cabins only have one. We've traveled with 6 people (3 adults, 2 teens, and an 8 yo at the time) and 2 bathrooms was a must for us. We have no problem surviving in a hotel room or suite with only one bathroom when we're only spending a night or two there, but when spending a week or more at Disney we require 2 bathrooms.

Speedy1998
07-14-2015, 12:41 PM
What is the most cost effective way to bring 6 people to WDW?

Simple answer, Staying off property.

My family has stayed in as 3 bedroom 3 bath town home with a pool for less than two rooms at a value resort. The town home was 2 miles from Disney World and took less than 10 minutes to get to AK, EPCOT, and DHS. Because of the stop at TTC getting MK takes a little while.

Also in the same neighborhood we have stayed in 3 bedroom 2 bath condos for about $250 less per week than the Town home.

In both cases you had the bonuses of no long walk to your room, and you can cook meal at the condo or town house. We typically ate breakfast there.

Priority Four
07-14-2015, 03:48 PM
There are family suites at All Star Music. Basically two rooms with the adjoining wall taken out. TINY space for six people. I wold not recommend it.

tjstrike
07-15-2015, 03:03 AM
I would go with renting DVC points, fairly cheap compared to the rest of your options and with all the Disney onsite perks. (Free transportation, 60 day FP+, etc...) Be warned though, you will be spoiled by staying in a 2 BDR deluxe Disney resort. :thumbsup:

etibbetts
07-16-2015, 09:54 AM
We travel with a party of 7 and always get two rooms, typically at a value. One year when we planned to go with only 5 I checked into other options, but two rooms was still a better deal then the suite or cabins. It also met our needs because the two rooms gave us 4 beds and two bathrooms. I would recommend checking out each of the options for pricing/amenities and see what works best for your family.

momof3+twins
07-29-2015, 04:22 PM
Most cost effective would be two rooms at a value. I think that All Star Sports tends to be the cheapest while Pop is the most expensive.