PDA

View Full Version : WL pool refurb again?

Goodwife
07-12-2015, 01:52 PM
I see that the WL pool is scheduled for a long time...didn't they just have one a few years ago?

Goodwife
07-12-2015, 01:54 PM
REFURB, I mean

VWL Mom
07-12-2015, 02:08 PM
It is not the pool at WL but the quiet pool at the villas. They are shutting down the majority of the beach, playground, and villa pool for the DVC expansion. They did redo the villa pool a few years back before this was in the works.

buzznwoodysmom
07-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Any idea on when this work is set to begin? We are spending one night at WL before heading to Universal in a few weeks. Would hate for the main pool to be over crowded if the quiet pool is closed. It's already a small pool for the resort size. Wouldn't want it to be even more crowded!

Strmchsr
07-12-2015, 04:40 PM
October 26 is when the closures will begin.

buzznwoodysmom
07-12-2015, 04:46 PM
October 26 is when the closures will begin.

Thanks! Glad we'll get to visit our beloved lodge before all this work begins. Looks like it'll be almost as extensive as the recent poly work.

Davy Crockett
07-13-2015, 10:05 AM
I personally think this is a BAD idea....
The WL already has DVC villas and the amenities areas are already overcrowded. There is a lot of real estate around the lake and we all would be better served if Disney would just go ahead and build another Deluxe resort instead of crowding the 4 that already exist.

JUST MY TWO CENTS.....

VWL Mom
07-13-2015, 10:24 AM
One thing I have to add for anyone staying during this undertaking, IMO the fencing around the main pool has made it seem very cramped. When we were there in May the overflow to the quiet pool was quite noticeable. Now with the closing of Hidden Springs there is not going to be a lot of pool room for those interested.

Hammer
07-13-2015, 11:02 AM
It would have been nice is there could be a break between construction at WL. The just got everything done with the feature pool. Not to mention, the East pool at the Poly is scheduled to close as of today for it's refurb. I wonder if they are going to offer any sort of option to use other pools during this time period, though DVC members do have the option to pool hop to some pools. I think GF is the only MK resort pool that DVC members can use.