PDA

View Full Version : WL at Christmas Time

Mitzie
07-10-2015, 11:18 AM
We were booked into CSR for our upcoming trip in December but made the move to WL. So excited. We have stayed at WL twice before and we know we love it. I have wanted to do a Christmas trip to WL for years. It just seems to be the quintessential Christmas resort to me.

faline
07-10-2015, 12:22 PM
It is a lovely resort at the holidays!! That great big tree in the lobby as well as the decorations really evoke the holiday spirit!!

KarenP
07-10-2015, 12:59 PM
WL is just beautiful at Christmastime. You will love it! I hope you have a great trip!

MrPeetrie
07-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Absolutely beautiful. Have a Magical trip.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Well, I am not so sure I would do that if I were you, quoting from http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=209232

Disney has started to advise guests arriving in the fall that a number of leisure and recreation amenities will be unavailable from October 26 2015.

The main impact will be to the Hidden Springs leisure pool, the resort beach, the playground and the fire pit. During the closure of the leisure pool, the main feature pool will continue to be open as normal.

The nature trail, boat and bike rentals, and spa treatments will also be unavailable from October.

The project will see the addition of 26 waterside bungalows, similar to the recently opened Bora Bora Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, although the Wilderness Lodge units are not built over the water. Also part of the plan is an expanded pool area, a new restaurant and recreation areas.

The project is expected to extend through to the end of 2017, although Disney has not yet given any details or announced the DVC expansion project.

Mitzie
07-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Well, I am not so sure I would do that if I were you, quoting from http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=209232

We saw this. Our last stay the main pool was closed..seems to be our luck these days. Our kids are all teens and in December we probably won't be in the pool too often. Thanks for the heads up though.