PDA

View Full Version : riding on a scooter

polarbear72834
07-06-2015, 06:28 PM
So I finally broke down and rented a scooter for this last trip to Disney World, and WOW what a difference it made..It was amazing.. I didn't spend this whole trip in horrible pain. It made such a difference.. Between pain pills and scooter , I actually got to enjoy this trip.. Now I wonder why I fought renting a scooter for so many years. I'm excited to plan my next trip . Will have to get with dr. and PT and see when I can go again.. Anyone in constant pain, take my advice and rent a scooter for disney world.. It makes such a difference..

Strmchsr
07-07-2015, 10:13 AM
I'm glad it made such a difference for you! That's what they're there for. I realize some people abuse those things, which is why sometimes folks gripe about them, but for folks in your situation they make all the difference in the world. Enjoy planning your next trip! :mickey:

Basket Mommy
07-07-2015, 01:26 PM
My mother has had both of her hips replaced, and she has always refused a scooter. I took her and my sister to WDW for Mother's Day and insisted that she rent a scooter off-property so she could ride it all the way back to the room. The first couple of days she kept trying to make me and my sister ride her scooter for some reason, and to make her happy we each rented one from Disney the day we toured World Showcase. We called ourselves the scooter gang and had our pics taken on our scooters. I agree, it was a nice break from all the walking. And Mom did love having the scooter so she could keep up with us and not slow us down (and she didn't have all the normal pain from walking that much!) I agree that they're great, even if some people turn up their noses at you when you ride one.

Disney Doll
07-13-2015, 08:40 AM
My mom did the same. She refused a scooter until there was just no other way. Dad even pushed a wheelchair for a couple of trips until she gave in. Now we have to remind her that the walkers in the group still need to take breaks.

PETE FROM NYC
08-19-2015, 03:31 PM
My wife had both knees replaced. I need knee replacement, but have too many other health issues. Our insurance gave us each scooters, hers 10 years ago, I got mine 3 years. Best things we own. Makes getting around so much easier.