PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July weekend

minnie04
07-06-2015, 11:08 AM
We just got back and I have to say. I don't think I have ever seen that much traffic :ack: I guess that's what I get for going on the 4th. The parks weren't that bad, the weather was typical Florida summer weather. nice days and storms in the evening. We got to MGM on Friday right in time for TSM, TOT & RRC. as soon as we finished the last one the sky opened up. I love it right before it storms when the wind is blowing and it gets a colder feel in the air. I have to say in all the years I have been going (that's over 25) have never been in a down pour or storm at WDW. Yeah we get the sprinkles, but never that bad. People were rushing out of the park like something was chasing them (I guess the storm) We waited it out since all the bus lines were crazy crowded. It finally pasted enough that we could leave with out running. Saturday we headed to MK around 5:30 as soon as we walked off Mine train the sky opened up again, but this time we had our ponchos so we walked through the hard dropping rain and thank god we had flip flops on the park got flooded (ankle deep) in some spots. Again never been there for this kind of rain,but the one thing I kept thinking was. If we were home we would have ran inside because of the lightning and thunder,but in the MK everyone was walking around like it was a sun shower.. This rain lasted maybe a half hour then it was time to clear out. We ended up watching the fireworks from DTD. We knew as soon as they were over in the MK people would be rushing to leave and we didn't want to chance it.It was raining very light, but who knows if the rain was coming again. all in all a great weekend we did just enough to have fun and it beat sitting home.

We went to the outlets too. MAN you would have thought it was black Friday. Crazy traffic and people all over the place..lol

cspenc28
07-06-2015, 11:25 AM
When we were there for our honeymoon in Sept/Oct 2010, it rained so much one day that MK was flooded, it was our first night there, and I wore sneakers. They were soaked, and didn't dry out enough to wear again until the day we left. From now on, I pack flip flops in my park bag.

honeybear
07-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Glad you got to have a little fun this rainy weekend. We usually go the end of August when there is always a possibility of rain!

MizMissy
07-06-2015, 07:58 PM
When we were there for our honeymoon in Sept/Oct 2010, it rained so much one day that MK was flooded, it was our first night there, and I wore sneakers. They were soaked, and didn't dry out enough to wear again until the day we left. From now on, I pack flip flops in my park bag.

A trick for drying wet sneakers overnight ... Stuff newspaper inside (jam it in there to completely fill inside), the next morning, remove the newspaper and the newspaper is wet and the sneakers are dry.

Katzateer
07-07-2015, 08:40 AM
It is amazing how deep the water gets in some places- we were in ankle deep water in Fantasyland one trip.

Glad you still had fun in the rain!:thumbsup:

goofy for pluto
07-08-2015, 10:24 AM
I know the traditional croc style shoe is not in fashion anymore..but they are so easy to dry out when you do get away from the water. They have saved my good tennis shoes more than once.:mickey:

minnie04
07-08-2015, 10:33 AM
funny you say that Goofy for Pluto, I had just bought a new pair of Crocs that day. The flip flop kind and they were great a little slippery, but fast drying :D

faline
07-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Glad you didn't let the rainstorms spoil your weekend at Disney!!!

emerzmom
07-10-2015, 12:48 PM
I love the "just before it storms" feel too. Despite crowds and rain it sounds like you still had a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing.
:tink:
Julie

LandFan
07-30-2015, 09:00 PM
We will be down there 4th of July next year so thanks for the warning :thumbsup: