PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to and from Hoop Dee Doo

Monkeespaw
07-05-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm staying at Yacht Club and have 8:15 reservations for the Hoop Dee doo at Fort Wilderness. I plan to go to the MK and then take a boat to FW. Can I go back that way if MK closes at 7pm? How do I get back to Yacht Club from Fort Wilderness at 10:00 at night?

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-05-2015, 10:11 AM
Every time I've been to HDD, there have been busses waiting outside of the show to take people back to their resorts. Some resorts share a bus, but it is an easy way to get "home".

faline
07-05-2015, 11:36 AM
Every time I've been to HDD, there have been busses waiting outside of the show to take people back to their resorts. Some resorts share a bus, but it is an easy way to get "home".

Yes, they typically have buses waiting after each show to take folks back to their respective resorts. Don't tarry too long, though, or you might miss them. To get to the buses head down the path in the opposite direction of the way you arrived via the boat.

Otherwise, you would need to take a bus to any park that is still open and transfer there or to Downtown Disney and transfer there to your resort.

Goes4FastPass
07-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Yes, this question comes up periodically and the answers above are correct. WDW has been doing HDDR for a long time and they are terrific about seeing you get back to your resort.

As you leave HDDR turn RIGHT and walk a bit and you will see busses.

Monkeespaw
07-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Perfect! Thsnk you all.

deedee73
07-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Monkeespaw - we always go to the late HDDR & travel there by boat which is so relaxing. Remember to give yourself ample travel time & for the checkin/HDDR photo. It is literally a 5 -7 minute walk from the boat launch. As for leaving it is definitely buses - just follow the mob. The pathways are lit but for older guests or little ones packing a small flashlight is great help especially when leaving. Fort Wilderness is quite dark in comparison to other areas of WDW. Enjoy your experience.

Goes4FastPass
07-07-2015, 07:53 PM
While I'm sure the OP's Yacht Club is terrific. We are Fort Wilderness Cabiners. Our after HDDR route is jump back in our golf cart parked in front of the HDDR and zip back to our cabin for Margaritas on the deck.