PDA

View Full Version : One Man's Dream Closing?; Good Dinosaur Preview 10/16 - 12/4

RAIDER
07-01-2015, 04:10 PM
I've read that One Mans Dream is closing in DHS

I find it a complete insult to Walt Disney himself on this closing
For an actual place for everyone to see the origins of he started the parks and films is very sad.. The film was made beautiful to watch and I always made it a point to visit this exhibit every year
I will miss it
And shame on the Disney executives for closing this down
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 8/28/15: Walt's Office Removed (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=2468033&postcount=30)

Update 10/2/15: One Man's Dream to feature Good Dinosaur Preview 10/16/15 - 12/4/15 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=2470611&postcount=36)

Roger's #1 Fan
07-01-2015, 04:36 PM
This was/is a great tribute to Walt and was a nice addition as part of the 100 years celebration. I also made it a point to visit this attraction every time I went to DHS. I think it could be easily relocated to MK or DS as some have suggested and I agree that it needs to be refreshed as well. its really just a group of exhibit pieces and a film, so setting it up in a new location should be relatively simple in that regard.
Unfortunately, its just in a bad spot with regards to the area they are looking at to overhaul the park, so It really has to go.

RAIDER
07-01-2015, 04:41 PM
I hope they relocate it at the very minimum even to another park ..but if they get rid of it altogether I will be very sad ..for me it's history and why we go to WDW

VWL Mom
07-01-2015, 04:44 PM
That would be too bad. I hope it's a case of relocation and updating but not counting on it. :(

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-01-2015, 06:43 PM
I have to have hope - that they are "blowing up" DHS, and that something good is going to come. Still, this is sad.

WiltonJohn
07-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Those that feel it is bad (I'm among them) and a loss of the "history" of the place and a bit of an "insult" to the founder........

Write to Disney and emphatically voice the concern. Enough noise.... they'll listen

Look at what happened to the AK "poo" treats in a week.

best,

.................john

PlutoToo
07-01-2015, 09:39 PM
We visit this attraction every time we go to the studios. It's one of the few reasons to vist, besides Rockin Roller Coaster, and the Osborne lights.

Crow
07-01-2015, 10:10 PM
I vote to relocate it. I did visit it in June but think it should be kept somewhere..just like the animation. I remember seeing the animators at work in the animation academy, before they closed the animation studio. and there is 1 guy i used to see all the time in the gift shop , Dave Rippenberger i think it is, his wife worked there too. i wonder what will become of them.

Lacy
07-01-2015, 10:50 PM
It would be nice if they could make an announcement about what is planned for the studios instead of just announcing closures. That said, I'm glad it lasted as long as it did. It was opened as part of the 100 Years of Magic and it wasn't clear that it was going to be a permanent attraction at that point.

As a Disney history fan I hope they can relocate it somewhere as it was really well done!

Chrisbud
07-03-2015, 01:19 PM
http://thisisinfamous.com/3-billion-allow-star-wars-pixar-and-indiana-jones-to-overhaul-disneys-hollywood-studios-exclusive/

Disney Doll
07-04-2015, 09:30 AM
It's sad to hear that it will be gone, but it's more sad that no one took the time to visit. Every time I went my family had the whole exhibit to ourselves. With so few people going it makes sense.

Tekneek
07-04-2015, 10:13 AM
It's sad to hear that it will be gone, but it's more sad that no one took the time to visit. Every time I went my family had the whole exhibit to ourselves. With so few people going it makes sense.

Although, it was certainly buried in what I might describe as a back alley. Safe to assume the only people in it were people that intentionally sought it out, while many other things benefited from walk-by traffic.

I know people keep suggesting an exhibit like this should be in a park. It occurs to me that it actually ought to be in Downtown Disney (Disney Springs). Share the story of the man, and the other WDI items shown there now (and what updates might have appeared in the future), in a place where it can be enjoyed by anyone and help sell everything you're doing (I understand they do not have to "sell it" these days, but help people understand this was about more). Don't bury it in a park, or stash it all in a vault somewhere.

azcavalier
07-04-2015, 10:48 AM
I would love to see it moved to Main Street USA. Or in the plaza area. That's where it feels like it belongs in my mind. But you'd have to get rid of some retail location to do it. Which they won't do.

I wouldn't mind seeing it in Epcot, either. But not sure where they'd put it. Maybe they'll relocate it within DHA. It's got too much great stuff to just be warehoused.

Disney Doll
07-04-2015, 12:38 PM
I like the idea of Downtown Disney. It's sometimes hard to convince my kids to take time out of rides and cool stuff to see an old desk. They are still too young to really appreciate it. If it were in Downtown Disney I think people would spend more time because you wouldn't feel the need to rush to the next attraction.

texas211
07-05-2015, 11:31 AM
There is no god.
No tribute to walt, but Stitch's great escape lives...

Cry Havoc!

thejens
07-12-2015, 12:57 AM
:( :( :(

Mrs Bus Driver
07-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Although, it was certainly buried in what I might describe as a back alley. Safe to assume the only people in it were people that intentionally sought it out, while many other things benefited from walk-by traffic.

I know people keep suggesting an exhibit like this should be in a park. It occurs to me that it actually ought to be in Downtown Disney (Disney Springs). Share the story of the man, and the other WDI items shown there now (and what updates might have appeared in the future), in a place where it can be enjoyed by anyone and help sell everything you're doing (I understand they do not have to "sell it" these days, but help people understand this was about more). Don't bury it in a park, or stash it all in a vault somewhere.

Well put, I couldn't agree more :mickey:

Mrs Bus Driver
07-12-2015, 09:37 AM
I also think it should be released on DVD. Packaged just right with other video clips and I think there would be enough interest, Disney could even turn a profit :mickey:

Melanie
07-12-2015, 02:01 PM
I vote for it to go in Town Hall, where the Mickey and Tink meets are. A prominent place in the most popular park for THE man.

TheDuckRocks
07-12-2015, 05:23 PM
I guess I have a very weird family, a visit to this attraction was a must for us every trip, old and young alike. Many questions from the grandkids......."Did he really?", "How old where you Grandma?", "How come when I talk to my friends they don't know who Walt Disney was?", "Did you really go to Disneyland the first year it was open?', "Yes.", "Wow!"
Bad, bad idea to close it without moving it elsewhere.

goofy for pluto
07-12-2015, 10:58 PM
I vote for it to go in Town Hall, where the Mickey and Tink meets are. A prominent place in the most popular park for THE man......agreed!

.....:mickey:...:thumbsup:

danheaton
07-13-2015, 12:12 PM
I'd love to see it go in the Innoventions West area in EPCOT. I know that it may not fit the spirit of the park, but I'd rather see a tribute to Walt Disney then a lot of other options. I'd also be down for having it at the Magic Kingdom, but it's harder to find the real estate.

I'm sad to see One Man's Dream go, but I can understand why they're doing it. It's all about where it's located at this point.

CaptSmee
07-30-2015, 10:57 AM
I also think it should be released on DVD. Packaged just right with other video clips and I think there would be enough interest, Disney could even turn a profit :mickey:

It is on a DVD minus the Julie Andrews narration that was released for the 100 years of magic celebration. I have it:thumbsup:

RAIDER
08-01-2015, 04:14 PM
It is on a DVD minus the Julie Andrews narration that was released for the 100 years of magic celebration. I have it:thumbsup:

What's the dvd called ? And I will see if I can get it on amazon

DizneyFreak2002
08-01-2015, 07:22 PM
See One Man's Dream while you can...

WiltonJohn
08-02-2015, 05:46 PM
Plan to catch it this coming trip........ hope they preserve it somehow, somewhere.

Maybe Walt will come back and REALLY haunt the "Haunted Mansion" after this move.

best,

.................john

kpen625
08-03-2015, 09:10 PM
I also think it would be perfect in Town Hall! It is so necessary to have a tribute as well as the history behind this amazing place that so many of us flock to time and time again!!

paragon
08-06-2015, 07:29 PM
It's sad that this is closing, but the reality is that the dream is shattered, since there really is virtually nothing left of Walt's original concepts. I don't believe for a second that he would have approved of 90% of what has happened to his ideas. The original idea was for a family friendly experience, not a day at the mall.

SAH
08-28-2015, 07:51 PM
Downtown disney would be a nice place to have it..Very nostalgia

Figment!
08-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Walt's Office display has been removed from the exhibit.

In Mid-August, this section of the walk-through exhibit was replaced with a large map of Disneyland. Several of the furniture items that were on loan from the Walt Disney Family Museum have reportedly been returned.

Tekneek
09-01-2015, 11:18 AM
That would seem to signal the intention to not continue the exhibit as currently envisioned anywhere else on property.

GoBlueLacheta
09-03-2015, 03:03 PM
I thought they confirmed the office was moving to The Disney Family Museum in San Francisco….

Tekneek
09-07-2015, 07:56 AM
I thought they confirmed the office was moving to The Disney Family Museum in San Francisco….

Ah, so this was the plan all along and is not related to the impending closing of the attraction?

RavsRuleDisney!
09-09-2015, 04:52 PM
visited it wayyy back and then popped in on our last visit - glad I did. Big Walt Disney buff an they could and should refresh it and find a home for a history of why you get to visit the very park that you are viewing the exhibit in!

GoBlueLacheta
09-11-2015, 12:02 PM
Ah, so this was the plan all along and is not related to the impending closing of the attraction?

They may have gone hand in hand with the new planning, but something so iconic needs a permanent home to what capacity the other exhibits move within the World is relatively unknown.

Figment!
10-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Despite rumours of a looming closure, One Man's Dream has been announced to feature a new film finale from 10/16/15 - 12/4/15.

Beginning October 16, guests will be able to catch a preview of scenes from “The Good Dinosaur” in a sneak peek planned for Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will get to see this advance look at clips from the film, as part of the One Man’s Dream attraction on Mickey Avenue.

The sneak peek of “The Good Dinosaur” will be playing in the theater through December 4, and the regular One Man’s Dream finale film will return to that space December 5… just in time for Walt Disney’s birthday!

texas211
10-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Hope to enjoy the new film. Love the attraction. Loved seeing Walt's desk. Gave you a minute to "Imagine" what it was like then. But, people these days can't do that, and have to be told. Disney just responds to that.. There are no journey's.

As I mentioned previously, there should be something like that somewhere at WDW. An homage is always appropriate. Some things just should be.