PDA

View Full Version : Appreciation for Disney CMs

chefmickey3
06-30-2015, 08:39 AM
I spent the day at Hersheypark yesterday. We had a lot of fun but I definitely appreciate the dark rides at Disney! I wanted to share that I saw a huge difference between the employees at Hersheypark and Disney. I felt safe and the rides were run well but there was no interaction at all. They never smiled or made me feel any "magic". They also do not have employees helping to load the rides - it is self service which became annoying when people couldn't figure out the puzzle. I will totally say thank you to the CMs who perform this job when we visit in a few weeks. Disney has the best CMs!

faline
06-30-2015, 09:07 AM
Lots of folks notice all the negatives but, truly, the Disney parks, in my opinion, are superior in customer service to all the others.

disneymom15
06-30-2015, 09:19 AM
I totally agree. Disney parks and their employees by far out weigh any other theme park that I have visited.

azcavalier
06-30-2015, 02:11 PM
One of my co-workers just came back from his first ever trip to WDW. His parents took him and his daughter. They stayed at POFQ, and spent four or five days there. Hit all four parks and DTD. He kept going on and on about how amazing friendly every employee was. He *loved* it. We had given his daughter a bag of pins to trade to get her into that, and he said that it took her a day to warm up to it, but when she started, she really loved going up to the CMs and interacting with them.

DaisylovesDonald
06-30-2015, 03:45 PM
Disney DOES have the best CMs!

About 2 weeks ago, I had a CM at Captain Cook's go out of his way for me at 10:45pm - there was quite a lot of hustle and bustle for what seemed like an off time. To make a long story short, he really made my night. When I got back to my room, I called the front desk to report his exceptional service. They said it would be conveyed to his management, and I hope it was. :thumbsup::mickey:

Sometimes I feel the need to voice my concerns to CMs, but I also like to voice my appreciation too! Thanks for starting this thread!

KAJUNKING
07-01-2015, 01:46 PM
I think I am going to have some "Thank You" business cards made up to give out to cast members before my next trip. :mickey:

BIGDOG
07-06-2015, 01:00 PM
My last trip we had a autograph book and had it filled with autographs only by the CM'S. We also took pictures with the cast members instead of the characters.
The CM'S loved it, I think?

Priority Four
07-06-2015, 03:28 PM
On our last trip, I witnessed a very drunk, very obnoxious lady giving it to a CM at the front desk. He put up with/handled her very well. I called the manager the next morning to report the CM's stellar service and to counter any complaint she may have lodged against him. CM's are the best.

FenwayGirl
07-06-2015, 03:44 PM
I always send an email to WDW with the names, times, dates etc of castmembers that have been outstanding.

Susan A
07-06-2015, 03:49 PM
That's awesome!
It has been about 20 months since our last visit. I said I was going to write the parks to thank them for their service. I still remember the names of two particular cast members whom I wanted to mention. I never wrote the letter. Do you think it's too late?

deedee73
07-07-2015, 11:59 AM
That's awesome!
It has been about 20 months since our last visit. I said I was going to write the parks to thank them for their service. I still remember the names of two particular cast members whom I wanted to mention. I never wrote the letter. Do you think it's too late?
Been there done that - time slips away but I would definitely still write those letters. Most CMs are long term. Any recognition gets placed into their personnel files & can potentially help with raises & promotions. Not to mention who doesn't like appreciate a pat on the back for a job well done. You could mention that even though x time has passed that you still clearly remember x's above & beyond service.