PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Bed Rails?

lawgirl
06-28-2015, 06:20 PM
This is our first time going since my daughter has been out of the crib. Prior trips she has slept great in the pack and plays at the hotel. She is now sleeping in a twin bed with toddler rails at home.

Are there rails or anything like that available at CBR? Is that something I can request on check-in, or do I need to do that beforehand? Are they free to request? I also thought about bringing an extra blanket or two and letting her sleep on the floor (which is like a slumber party to her!).

Appreciate it!

deedee73
06-29-2015, 01:12 AM
I know bed rils are available at the deluxe resorts so I figure that CBR has them available as well. Definitely note them as part of your room request and reiterate the request if you do online check-in.

AllyMonkey
06-29-2015, 08:01 AM
Are there rails or anything like that available at CBR? Is that something I can request on check-in, or do I need to do that beforehand? Are they free to request?!

You can have Disney put a note on your reservation (or possibly do it yourself if you do online check-in) that you will need bedrails because of a toddler in the room. We had it noted on our reservation last trip but the rails weren't in the room when we arrived. When I called the front desk to ask where they were, the cast member I talked to said that even thought it was noted on our reservation they were waiting for us to ask for them in case we didn't need them anymore. After my call, they were delivered to the room within 10 minutes.

Mickey'sGirl
06-29-2015, 08:06 AM
Yes, bed rails are available at CBR (and all resorts). We used them at all resort levels when our kids were little. Even if you do not request them in advance, all you need to do is call housekeeping once you are in your room.

Personally, I would not let my child sleep on blankets on the floor. I don't even like my child to walk barefoot on the carpets in the rooms. :ack:

Have a great trip with your little one!

allgiggles
06-29-2015, 10:53 PM
I needed the bed rails for my pre-school aged daughters during a few trips when we stayed at Pop Century. I always just requested them when we got there. Mousekeeping usually had them in our room within a few minutes. I always requested 2 so we had one for each side of the bed.

As far as sleeping on the floor...I'm a germaphobe at hotels but I have a child who prefers to sleep on the floor -- even at home (and we've even bought her a new mattress and let her try out the other beds in the house and she *still* wants to sleep on the floor). When we're at Disney, if she wants to sleep on the floor, I just request extra sheets and blankets from Mousekeeping and cover an area of the floor that's much larger than what she needs and I let her sleep on the floor. I request a clean sheet every day. She's a very restless sleeper and even when she does sleep in a bed, she's usually got an arm and a leg hanging off the edge by morning. Sometimes she's literally kneeling on the floor with just her upper body on the bed by morning. She's spent 21 nights on the floor at Pop Century and Art of Animation and has yet to pick up any horrible diseases there. :-)

honeybear
06-30-2015, 09:22 AM
I never knew about the bed rails. My DD is an active sleeper and I often worry about her falling out of the bed. I will remember to request a bed rail for her the next time we go!

lawgirl
06-30-2015, 03:04 PM
I needed the bed rails for my pre-school aged daughters during a few trips when we stayed at Pop Century. I always just requested them when we got there. Mousekeeping usually had them in our room within a few minutes. I always requested 2 so we had one for each side of the bed.

As far as sleeping on the floor...I'm a germaphobe at hotels but I have a child who prefers to sleep on the floor -- even at home (and we've even bought her a new mattress and let her try out the other beds in the house and she *still* wants to sleep on the floor). When we're at Disney, if she wants to sleep on the floor, I just request extra sheets and blankets from Mousekeeping and cover an area of the floor that's much larger than what she needs and I let her sleep on the floor. I request a clean sheet every day. She's a very restless sleeper and even when she does sleep in a bed, she's usually got an arm and a leg hanging off the edge by morning. Sometimes she's literally kneeling on the floor with just her upper body on the bed by morning. She's spent 21 nights on the floor at Pop Century and Art of Animation and has yet to pick up any horrible diseases there. :-)

Very similar here. I have a palette of a foam topper, a fitted sheet, a couple of quilts, and a very soft down like comforter here at home that my daughter loves to sleep on. Better than her fluffy, comfy twin bed. My kids are usually playing on the floor and rolling around anyways, I'm not too worried about her sleeping on it. I think with several layers between her and the floor she'll be ok. We are religious about hand washing all the time.

faline
06-30-2015, 07:27 PM
I never knew about the bed rails. My DD is an active sleeper and I often worry about her falling out of the bed. I will remember to request a bed rail for her the next time we go!

My nephew travels a lot when he sleeps. We went to Disney with my brother and his family when this nephew was 2. My brother requested bed rails (including an "extra") so there were bed rails on both sides of the bed and on the bottom as well. My brother almost has a "heart attack" (his words) when he woke in the middle of the night and could not find his son though he could hear him crying. My nephew managed to travel around the edges of the bed rails and fall off the bed between the bed and the wall (the bed was quite close to the wall on that side). He wasn't hurt - just scared - but not as scared as his dad was!!!

lawgirl
07-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Oh scary! My LO doesn't travel quite that much, thankfully. We are staying at CBR, and I need to request a room with the pull down bed. At least she would only have 1 open side. Thanks!