PDA

View Full Version : Project 611

DizneyFreak2002
06-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Permits filed today for Project 611... Interior Demolition and Interior Renovation...

This will be the Hulk coaster... It is staying Hulk, just getting new Hulk theme, and new queue... Time table moved up... originally planned for closure in September... When work begins, the coaster will be closed...

Yes, it is staying Hulk as Marvel Island is staying Marvel... And rumor has it, marvel is getting a major upgrade... Hulk is just the beginning, if rumors are true...

it begins...

DizneyFreak2002
07-28-2015, 01:48 PM
Theme upgrade and track replacement... Done in two phases... Looking like closure in September... Possibly just after Labor Day... MAYBE late August...

Pally
07-28-2015, 04:26 PM
Do you know how long it will be down?

NJGIRL
07-28-2015, 07:39 PM
Yes, it is staying Hulk as Marvel Island is staying Marvel...

I laughed when I read this..... no Disney's lawyers can not make Universal give up it's Marvel characters. Iron clad contract that is perpetual for as long as Universal wants it to be.:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
07-28-2015, 07:52 PM
Do you know how long it will be down?
No.. but the refurb is being done in two phases... May be down until the holidays season, then open back up, and close again for the second part early next year...

DizneyFreak2002
07-28-2015, 07:54 PM
I laughed when I read this..... no Disney's lawyers can not make Universal give up it's Marvel characters. Iron clad contract that is perpetual for as long as Universal wants it to be.:thumbsup:
Yep... except Disney can use certain characters... Such as Guardians of the Galaxy...

NJGIRL
07-28-2015, 07:59 PM
Yep... except Disney can use certain characters... Such as Guardians of the Galaxy...

Disney can't use any characters in Orlando if Universal is already using them. All others are fair game. I am not an action movie fan so I have no idea who the Guardians of the Galaxy are. :blush:

DizneyFreak2002
07-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Disney can't use any characters in Orlando if Universal is already using them. All others are fair game. I am not an action movie fan so I have no idea who the Guardians of the Galaxy are. :blush:
I know the contract, and I know it has recently been renegotiated to allow Disney to use certain characters, such as the Guardians... I think that was really one of the sticking points since the Guardians were one time Avengers...

But doesn't matter anyway cause Marvel isn't leaving IOA LOL...

DizneyFreak2002
08-14-2015, 06:39 PM
Hulk to close September 8 for work to begin on the refurb... However, the work will be done continuous, and not in two phases and reported previously... Ride will not open again until next Summer...

The coaster will be getting a new story line, new vehicles, and a better overall experience...

Pally
08-16-2015, 04:36 PM
This makes me so sad. I was looking forward to riding in December.

DizneyFreak2002
08-17-2015, 08:28 PM
This makes me so sad. I was looking forward to riding in December.
I'll be there in December as well, and honestly, I'd rather miss it for this refurb than ride it with the rough tracks, head jarring and uncomfortable seats, and the 1980's comic book look...

Pally
08-18-2015, 09:08 AM
Will still miss it. It was a favorite. Although, I do not like a rough ride. I guess I will have to get my fix on Rip Ride Rocket.:)

GoBlueLacheta
08-19-2015, 10:19 AM
The Universal Twitter feed indicated it would fully re-open next summer.