PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter

ajg119
06-26-2015, 09:45 AM
We will be going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for one day in very early December. Besides getting to the park before it opens, which ride would you suggest we do first? Escape from Gringotta or Forbidden Journey? Thanks

CanadianWDWFan
06-26-2015, 11:16 AM
Gringotts definitely! Last summer we had the early access to the parks and were able to get on it without much of a wait. I really enjoyed it, lots to see and take in.

Even after heading straight to Gringotts the was a substantial line after we rode it. We then hopped on the Hogwarts Express to do the Forbidden Journey and only had a 10-15 minute wait to get on.

conan617
06-26-2015, 02:08 PM
Gringott's is probably the best bet to hit first since it's newer. When the park opens early to resort guests, only Gringott's and Minions opens (unless there has been a recent change in policy) so everyone goes to Gringott's but the line will be much shorter at that time vs. when the park is open to everyone.
FJ is a little older but still fantastic! It's my favorite ride on the planet. We had the luxury of two days in the parks last September. We spent most of one day in Hogwarts and Diagon Alley finishing the night in IOA and the next day riding FJ again and catching everything else in US.
Have a great time, but don't rush if you can help it because there are sooooo many little details that make the experience so extraordinary.

debbymc4
07-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Is Forbidden Journey scary?

BrerGnat
07-05-2015, 11:16 PM
Is Forbidden Journey scary?

In what way? Honestly, it scared me in the funhouse type way. Stuff appears out of nowhere. And I really hate spiders and they play a big role. I don't find the movement of the ride vehicle scary, though.

debbymc4
07-06-2015, 07:42 AM
That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you! I'm a chicken and am taking my six year-old, so I think we should skip it.