PDA

View Full Version : Coronado?

Scallywag
06-24-2015, 03:42 PM
How do you know when Conventions are going to be held at the Coronado Springs? We are going June 2016 and were thinking of staying here for the first time. Not sure how much of an issue the Conventions might be.

Thanks.

VacationDisney
06-24-2015, 03:57 PM
We stayed there a few years ago. At the time we had NO idea that a convention was even there.

We experienced no impact at all during our stay. It's a very nice resort:number1:

Angelgirl65
06-25-2015, 06:27 AM
If you search CSR convention list you'll find a site that has one.

NJGIRL
06-25-2015, 11:22 AM
We stayed there a few years ago. We had no idea a convention was going on either. We did see men in suits in the quick service line at breakfast, but that was our only clue.

BTW the resort is nice.

ThanxForNoticin
06-25-2015, 11:46 AM
We've also been there during a convention, and it seemed to have no impact on our stay. You probably don't even have to worry about it.

AgentC
06-25-2015, 12:26 PM
I've stayed there multiple times and conventions have never had an impact on us. At the most you generally see some guests in suits and occasionally the lounge will be a bit more crowded but that is really it. As several people have mentioned it is a spread out resort. To me it never really feels crowded even when it is full.

DebK
06-25-2015, 01:09 PM
Ditto to what everyone has said.....I stayed at CSR for the first time last month and really enjoyed it!

hauntedmansiongirl
06-26-2015, 02:18 AM
Actually, we have found CSR is better when a convention is on! The pools, arcade, bus stops etc are all dead quiet during the day while the conventioneers are in session. The main outside bar is busy at night, but you are still able to get a drink if you so wish. Also, many of the rooms have only 1 person in them, so even if the resort is "sold out" they likely aren't at capacity. These are all good things!

Have a wonderful trip! We love CSR!

Yo Mickey!
07-01-2015, 04:12 PM
funny...i'll be there for a convention june 14-18, 2016. i'll likely stay at beach club or boardwalk tho. was at coronado this june same time frame for a convention and like others mentioned - it didnt feel like it was crazy busy at all. i didnt stay there at night, however.