PDA

View Full Version : 2016 bookings

Lloyd
06-24-2015, 02:43 PM
So I was awaiting the release of bookings for 2016. We plan to go in May and stay at cbr. I know when a lower rate or special is available Disney refunds the difference , my question is if I were to book today are the room rates considered full rack rate ?

Strmchsr
06-24-2015, 03:32 PM
The new rates were just released. Yes, right now they'll be rack rate but, of course, you don't have to pay the full balance right now. You pay 1 night deposit for a room-only reservation of $200 for a package reservation. Room only you pay in full when you check in. Package you pay in full by 45 days out. Either way you can chill until any discount that's going to be released is released. Best way is to book through Magical Journeys so that they can monitor your reservation. As soon as a discount pops up it's applied to your reservation with no worries on your part.

UPDATE - One of the MJ agents informed me that starting in 2016 balances for packages now have to be paid by 30 days out instead of 45.

Lloyd
06-25-2015, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the info ... What exactly is the story with magically journeys ? Are the able to get any better prices then just going direct thru Disney? I'm always skeptical with 3rd parties but I see they have credentials .

Strmchsr
06-25-2015, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the info ... What exactly is the story with magically journeys ? Are the able to get any better prices then just going direct thru Disney? I'm always skeptical with 3rd parties but I see they have credentials .

They can't really get "better" prices like super secret pricing or anything. What they do, however, is check every possible avenue to get you the best deal. And once you book they constantly check your reservation to see if anything better comes along. If it does they'll update you with no hassle on your part. The most work you do to get a better deal is opening your email. If not they'll let you know that your current deal is the best. The big advantage of booking through Magical Journeys is you always have the same agent for every trip you book. Whereas with Disney you get a different CM, and differing levels of expertise and competence, every time you call. Wendy, with MJ, has booked every Disney trip for me since 2004. She's part of the family, now. She knows our preferences without me even asking. If there's any problems, she goes to bat for me. All of the agents are top shelf. Best of all, their commission comes from Disney so it doesn't cost you a penny to use them.

Lloyd
06-25-2015, 11:55 AM
Sounds good. I'll check it out. Thanks.