PDA

View Full Version : Episode 78 - The Cabin in the Woods

John
06-23-2015, 03:10 PM
The Cast: Melanie Bounds, Cindy Jachrimo, Ian Mitchell & John Yaglenski

- WDW Research looking into adopting a new ticket system. Tiered pricing.

- How exactly will this new plan work if implemented? Things are already complicated.

- Ian went to Walt Disney World and CROWDS!

- South of the Border - has anyone actually stayed there?

- Park opening and the line for Mine Train.

- The Cabin in the Woods - Ian’s experience in the Fort Wilderness Cabins.

- Ian took his kids on Country Bears for the first time.

- Great Movie Ride changes.

- Ian’s gotta run - literally.

- INTERCOT School: Theme Parks 101.

- Nintendo coming to Universal, new water park Volcano Bay in 2017, Kong Attraction well on it’s way.

- Sea World opens new coaster in 2016 - tallest, fastest, longest…

- Busch Gardens opens Cobra’s Curse family style coaster.

- Meanwhile Disney announces - Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Show, NBA Restaurant, Jock Lindsey’s Hanger Bar. Avatar still lingering on the horizon.

- MagicBands and FastPass+ ROI?

- Star Wars or Cars or something coming? What’s going on?

- Tomorrowland - was it a failure?

- Jay Rasulo steps down from the Walt Disney Company.

- Disney’s Hilton Head Resort and buying resale.

- Follow us on twitter @intercot

- Most importantly - visit the INTERCOT Boards! Tapatalk is enabled.

- Refreshed the look of the site and more improvements on the way!

- Join us in January for #runICOT Marathon Weekend.

- Reclining movie theater seats.

>> Listen, Download, Love, Share! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2015/episode-78.asp)

Yungbuck73
06-23-2015, 09:13 PM
Yes. Can't wait to listen.

Tinky-Bell
06-24-2015, 12:43 PM
New podcast, yay! :party:

John
06-24-2015, 05:18 PM
I would like to add - there is a theory on Twitter that Ian's invaders were possibly a bear/bears... seems odd they would charge the door but I suppose if they were hungry enough.... maybe.

goofy for pluto
06-24-2015, 09:36 PM
I would like to add - there is a theory on Twitter that Ian's invaders were possibly a bear/bears... seems odd they would charge the door but I suppose if they were hungry enough.... maybe.

I was thinking an animal too, that would explain the door and that they heard it on the roof,.. but a bear! Yikes! :eek:
I am glad that he and his family made it through the night safely :angel:
If there are bears I bet someone else will report similar activity in the campground.
Scary stuff!

Ian
06-25-2015, 04:24 PM
Despite the fact that we did not actually see anyone (largely for fear of actually looking out the window), I don't believe it was a bear or bear. First and foremost the footsteps sounded decidedly human in the sense that I'm pretty sure the person was wearing shoes. Also, as John said, I can't really see a bear heaving itself against my cabin door. Does a bear even know what a door is? :confused:

That being said, I'm no bear expert so maybe they do know that there's food inside and the door is how you get there ... I'll likely never know.

brad192
06-25-2015, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=Ian;2462010]Despite the fact that we did not actually see anyone (largely for fear of actually looking out the window), I don't believe it was a bear or bear. First and foremost the footsteps sounded decidedly human in the sense that I'm pretty sure the person was wearing shoes. Also, as John said, I can't really see a bear heaving itself against my cabin door. Does a bear even know what a door is? :confused:

Not a bear - Sasquatch! :D

Ian
06-26-2015, 08:01 PM
It might have been a 'squatch!

Septbride2002
06-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Well.....we won't be staying in the cabins anytime soon. Yikes. What a scary experience and I must say you handled it a lot better than I probably would have.

I haven't commented in a while but listen to all the podcast. I always enjoy them. :D

princessgirls
07-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Oh my Ian....that was scary!!!
Glad no one was hurt.

I don't think Bears either. People. My guess is idiot people.

Julie:mickey:

Lacy
07-01-2015, 08:52 PM
Crazy and very scary story from Ian. Glad that none of the kids woke up but super frightening.

Just wanted to add my two cents that I appreciate the cranking because you care. It really is surprising to me that Disney does not really seem to be concerned about the competitors and is not announcing any new attractions to compete with the others. I am sticking to the West coast for the foreseeable future!

Plan to make a trip in the next several years for Marathon weekend when I can convince myself to train for a marathon - until that time I'm sticking to Disneyland! Much more low key and density of attractions :)

And I used to be such a Disney fan that I wouldn't even consider going to the other theme parks but we did go to Universal in LA last year and I was super impressed with what they have done!

Mendelson
07-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Was this Ian's would-be assailant?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-disney-resort-golf-cart-crash-lake-20150519-story.html

Goofy4TheWorld
07-13-2015, 01:11 AM
Ian's experience has inspired me to do something I have been procrastinating on for 13 years, which is to finally buy a handgun. I have always had in my home some kind of pump shot or shotgun, but I have never owned a handgun even though I have been a handgun permit holder since I turned 21. But while I was listening to Ian's story I actually visualized myself in his shoes and realized how very vulnerable he was and how removed he was from the police protection of the modern world that many of us take for granted nowadays.

Given hindsight I don't think I would have actually used it, but I would have been confidently sitting in front of the door waiting for someone to break though. Of course I may have also been scared out of my mind and shot 6-8 rounds through the roof!

Listening to Ian's story literally raced my heart as I was empathizing with how scared he must have been.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-13-2015, 01:17 AM
Was this Ian's would-be assailant?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-disney-resort-golf-cart-crash-lake-20150519-story.html

Oh my, this story could very easily be Ian's assailants, the timeline of May 17/18th is right (I think).

Ian...?

Ian
07-13-2015, 09:44 PM
Ours happened on the 22nd, so that was before we arrived. Unless the drunk hung around for a few days after he dunked his golf cart lol

princessgirls
07-14-2015, 12:54 PM
There appears to be a bit of a security problem over at the cabins.
That is not OK.