PDA

View Full Version : Why is Liberty Tree Tavern so Hard to Book?

Goes4FastPass
06-23-2015, 08:43 AM
We did the 6am shuffle this morning and got everything we wanted including things I thought might be tough. We now have a great Christmas week planned including everything from CRT and BOG to HDD, AKS and GG…

…but the restaurant we couldn’t get any day any time was Liberty Tree Tavern.

As Goofy would say,
Garsh!:goofy2:

midlifemagic
06-23-2015, 09:59 AM
From the refurb calendar:
Liberty Tree Tavern July 6 - November 19, 2015

Fangorn
06-23-2015, 10:50 AM
I suspect that either:

1) with the refurb still underway and the re-opening date marked as tentative, Disney is not yet ready to take reservations for LTT. My quick check of about 10 random days starting on 11/20 came up with nothing. Even Dec 8 (a Tuesday in an historically low period) shows nothing all day.

2) the system is experiencing a glitch for this restaurant. This happened to me on Sunday as I was trying to get an ADR for Biergarten for the end of August. Nothing for any day any time after about July 20. Monday morning, there was availability for pretty much any day/time I could want. I've seen this happen more than once. I've always assumed there's some maintenance happening at the database level.

In any case, keep trying. Option 2 will clear up later today or tomorrow. For option 1, they'll eventually start taking reservations again once they're more confident of the completion date.

Steve

Goes4FastPass
06-23-2015, 12:02 PM
I am looking for a dinner Christmas week - well after the announced refurb end.

I called 407WDWDINE this am and there was no availability for ANY evening Dec 20-27.

My guess/assumption is reservations after the announced refurb are being held until they know when exactly LTT will reopen.

Basket Mommy
06-23-2015, 12:24 PM
From the refurb calendar:
Liberty Tree Tavern July 6 - November 19, 2015

AH! I didn't know LTT was undergoing refurb, but this explains why I can't get an ADR for our Nov trip. We arrive the 20th and leave the 25th. Now I can quit checking everyday and just hope that something opens up while we're there!

Checkers
06-28-2015, 04:47 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern is now open for booking for after their scheduled opening on 11/20/15. Just booked mine this morning!

W24toISMdirect
06-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern is now open for booking for after their scheduled opening on 11/20/15. Just booked mine this morning!

...the other guy booking ADRs on GoesForFastPass's account. Did you book online or over the phone? Because I'm still not seeing any availability at all, any day ever online. I will of course keep looking.

Checkers
06-28-2015, 10:55 PM
...the other guy booking ADRs on GoesForFastPass's account. Did you book online or over the phone? Because I'm still not seeing any availability at all, any day ever online. I will of course keep looking.

I booked online but I know some are having trouble. It appears to be hit or miss. I know I'm having trouble booking the Candlelight Processional where others have said they are able to make theirs.

I would be concerned but I have a confirmation email and number, plus it automatically was added to MDE. It was for Thanksgiving Day so that might have something to do with it because of the holiday.

Basket Mommy
06-29-2015, 08:21 AM
I booked online but I know some are having trouble. It appears to be hit or miss. I know I'm having trouble booking the Candlelight Processional where others have said they are able to make theirs.

I would be concerned but I have a confirmation email and number, plus it automatically was added to MDE. It was for Thanksgiving Day so that might have something to do with it because of the holiday.

Yeah, I'm still getting zero availability for the week of November 20-25 for Liberty Tree, lunch or dinner. I think I'll clear my cookies and see if that helps?