PDA

View Full Version : Tickets bought through outside organization

chefmickey3
06-23-2015, 07:35 AM
I purchased my MIL a 7 day park hopper for our upcoming trip through an organization through my work. I have linked it to our MDE and scheduled FPs. Will we need to go to customer service to activate the ticket or will her band be ready to go? We usually have AP so park hoppers are a new thing for me.

faline
06-23-2015, 07:58 AM
I'm not aware of any need to activate park hopper tickets. When annual passes are purchased, one typically receives a voucher that requires that it be exchanged for the actual pass upon first use. Other types of tickets typically activate when used for entry into the park.

Goofeygal
06-23-2015, 08:01 AM
We have ordered tickets through GM's and they are actual tickets so they are activated when you use them the first time.

Basket Mommy
06-23-2015, 12:26 PM
I ordered 5-day passes for my mom & sister for our Mother's Day trip in May. All I received (via email) were voucher #s to add to MDE. They were able to just walk into Epcot using their Magic Bands on our first day, no activation required. I ordered myself an AP direct from Disney, got a voucher # via email, and added it to MDE. I *did* have to activate the AP, since I needed a card and it expires a year from the date of activation.

chefmickey3
06-23-2015, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the quick responses! I know our annual passes have vouchers that need to be activated. The instructions with the ticket said to visit guest relations to have it activated but I think they were written before magic bands. I guess there is one thing I like about My Magic+.