PDA

View Full Version : Disney World Testing Free Taxi Service to Signature Restaurants

VWL Mom
06-21-2015, 10:00 AM
From DFB:

Disney is currently testing a new transportation method — complimentary direct taxi service — for guests dining at select signature restaurants while staying at Walt Disney World monorail resorts!

Until June 30, 2015, some guests at the monorail resorts (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Contemporary) will be selected to participate in this Disney dining test. Those invited to participate will receive complimentary round-trip vouchers delivered to their room.

Participants will have the option of enjoying direct taxi transportation to three signature restaurants: Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge, Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Flying Fish Cafe at BoardWalk Resort.

I, for one, will be interested to see how this plays out.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-21-2015, 10:33 AM
That is interesting! I wonder if it will make a difference in where people choose to eat?

Spang88
06-21-2015, 10:40 AM
Very interested to see how this plays out- could really cut transportation time.

PirateLover
06-21-2015, 11:42 AM
I wonder if this is in any way a response to the increase in people using Uber services on property?

DisneyGiant
06-24-2015, 12:43 PM
We take a taxi every year from the Boardwalk to the Contemporary (California Grill). This would be a nice perk for us :)

hauntedmansiongirl
06-26-2015, 02:39 AM
That sounds too good to be true! I hope it sticks! :mickey:

SBETigg
06-26-2015, 09:34 AM
I love the idea. I'm guessing it will work like the shuttle service between Jambo and Kidani at AKL. We end up taking taxis quite a bit for dinners and out of park entertainment. I think their objective is keeping guests on site to spend money, and making it easier for guests to get out and spend. But, I suppose some of it could be related to guest satisfaction. ;)

deedee73
06-26-2015, 11:52 AM
I like this idea but I hope they extend it to include some other signature meals - I believe even for a test period that 3 restaurants is not a large enough to get a good sampling of guest usage. I think it would have been easier to poll guests while at specific locations to see how they traveled to and from their ADR.