PDA

View Full Version : Finally - MagicBand Watch Sliders!

brownie
06-19-2015, 09:26 PM
From the Disney Parks Blog, MagicSlider time pieces for MagicBands are coming this summer: Look Ahead to New Merchandise Coming to Disney Parks Later in 2015 (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/06/look-ahead-to-new-merchandise-coming-to-disney-parks-later-in-2015/)

I've been working on a way to avoid wearing a watch and not have to pull out my phone to know the time while wearing a MagicBand. This should do the job.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Awesome! (and I love the new Figgy plush!)

magicofdisney
06-20-2015, 11:22 AM
I LOVE the minnie watch slider! So, the entire band is a purchase, or just the time piece? I've not seen that polka dot band before so I wonder if this is separate purchases?

Fangorn
06-20-2015, 11:40 AM
I LOVE the minnie watch slider! So, the entire band is a purchase, or just the time piece? I've not seen that polka dot band before so I wonder if this is separate purchases?

The Minnie band is available in the parks - I've seen it at Mouse gears for sure. It's probably available on line as well.

Steve

Cass&KenziesMom
06-20-2015, 01:39 PM

It is available in parks. I purchased a Minnie band on our last trip in December. :thumbsup:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
06-20-2015, 11:12 PM
In the parks now, (arrived on Tuesday the 16) - the digital
Slider is available now.

John
06-20-2015, 11:20 PM
Hate to say it but this is the lousiest implementation ever. Seriously. Could they have made it any bulkier, thicker or uglier. I mean, this is the kind of watch that McDonalds gave away with a happy meal 10+ years ago.

Seriously, I love that they actually produced something that INTERCOT Consulting talked about a year ago - but I can't imagine anyone who went to school for design implemented this.

Let me say this again - INTEGRATE IT INTO THE BAND - I will pay for something like a nike fuel band, fitbit etc if it had magicband capabilities build in. Heck, team up with them, Microsoft, Fitbit, Nike, Apple or ALL OF THEM to integrate the magicband into their products and make it useable long after you leave the parks.

</end rant>

BTW, the Minnie one is marginally cute but looks bulkier than need be.

The coolest thing in the link by far was Mickey and Minnie in the EPCOT Christmas tree - which showed them as they were close to park opening, when Disney decided they needed to bring the characters in - with their FUTURE CLOTHES ON :)

Terra
06-21-2015, 06:47 AM
Hate to say it but this is the lousiest implementation ever. Seriously. Could they have made it any bulkier, thicker or uglier. I mean, this is the kind of watch that McDonalds gave away with a happy meal 10+ years ago.

Seriously, I love that they actually produced something that INTERCOT Consulting talked about a year ago - but I can't imagine anyone who went to school for design implemented this.

Let me say this again - INTEGRATE IT INTO THE BAND - I will pay for something like a nike fuel band, fitbit etc if it had magicband capabilities build in. Heck, team up with them, Microsoft, Fitbit, Nike, Apple or ALL OF THEM to integrate the magicband into their products and make it useable long after you leave the parks.

</end rant>

BTW, the Minnie one is marginally cute but looks bulkier than need be.

The coolest thing in the link by far was Mickey and Minnie in the EPCOT Christmas tree - which showed them as they were close to park opening, when Disney decided they needed to bring the characters in - with their FUTURE CLOTHES ON :)

I do think they are cute, but agree about the bulkiness. That's really one of the reasons why I've never gotten any of the accessories. They make an already bulky band even more so.
I wish they would stream line the band itself a little more.

Terra
06-21-2015, 06:51 AM
:haha: Happy Meal watches.
Blast from the past!!

http://images.luuux.com/000101D43EB016F5BEAAA31B094790A2/small/sanrio_9.jpg

VWL Mom
06-21-2015, 01:22 PM
They're cute but it seems like a poor execution of a good idea. Since they can't cover the mickey head on top you will be wearing it on the inside of the wrist which seems a bit clumsy.

magicofdisney
06-21-2015, 06:37 PM
They're cute but it seems like a poor execution of a good idea. Since they can't cover the mickey head on top you will be wearing it on the inside of the wrist which seems a bit clumsy.

I just realized what you're referring to here. I didn't catch that when I first took a look. Yeah, that doesn't seem like it'd be so practical. I might try it anyway. I'll let the cute factor dictate that purchase when I see it in person.

Mrs Bus Driver
06-21-2015, 07:03 PM
:haha: Happy Meal watches.
Blast from the past!!

http://images.luuux.com/000101D43EB016F5BEAAA31B094790A2/small/sanrio_9.jpg

Wow Thanks for the memories. I hate to say it but I think the Happy meal watches look better. Anyone know what they are charging for the magic band watches?

Terra
06-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Wow Thanks for the memories. I hate to say it but I think the Happy meal watches look better. Anyone know what they are charging for the magic band watches?

LOL, I think I agree!

Yeah I'd be curious as to the price. I bet $15+

conan617
06-24-2015, 05:10 PM
All I have to say is that it's about time.

magicofdisney
06-24-2015, 05:45 PM
All I have to say is that it's about time.

I see what you did there... ;)

RAIDER
07-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Love the watch slider...I just hope there waterproof