PDA

View Full Version : Creature Comforts Re-Opens as Starbucks location: Updated 6/20 with Pictures

Figment!
06-18-2015, 10:06 PM
Creature Comforts re-opened today (6/18/15) as a Starbucks location. The former Discovery Island gift shop has received external and internal design changes, although the building structure remains the same. The purple, teal, and orange color scheme has been replaced by a brown and cream color scheme with mosaic accents.

The location features four signature confections; the African Milk Tart, The Cotton Top Tamarin Cupcake, The Tree of Life Cupcake, and The Zebra Cupcake. As part of its wildlife conservation effort, Disney will make a donation to cotton top tamarin conservation for every Flat White Espresso sold. The prominence of the cotton top tamarin at the new location is likely due to the close proximity of the relatively new cotton top tamarin habitat.

The new location offers an Animal Kingdom 'You Are Here' Mug that features the Tree of Life, Kilimanjaro Safari, and Expedition Everest.

In conjunction with the opening, Pizzafari ceased breakfast service effective June 17, 2015.

Our intrepid INTERCOT Field Reporter Christine snapped the following pics of the newly opened location:

John
06-19-2015, 07:51 AM
Looking forward to stopping by and getting my Trenta Iced Coffee!

Melanie
06-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Glad they are all now finished. I've loaded up my Starbucks card and I'm ready for my trip next month.

disneymom15
06-19-2015, 09:39 AM
Daughter is a Starbucks junkie. She'll be so happy now that all the park locations are open.

Figment!
06-20-2015, 02:37 PM
**Update**

The first post has been updated with the great pictures Christine posted to the INTERCOT Facebook and Twitter pages.