PDA

View Full Version : Disney Vacation Account Down

momof3+twins
06-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Has anyone else been charged extra and then can't access their account?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-18-2015, 11:34 AM
I have heard of so many issues! Most of them seem to self-resolve in a few days, but it does seem to be quite the pain!

momof3+twins
06-18-2015, 11:49 AM
I called and they took my name. I hope they can fix this. I just want to get into my account and check that the money is still there.

NewDVCowner
06-18-2015, 06:30 PM
I saw this on the Orlando Sentinel website today.

"Technical glitches have caused some customers to have extra charges on their credit cards and bank accounts and into their Disney Vacation Accounts, which allow members to save for theme-park resort trips through regular automatic withdrawals..

A Disney spokesman said the company is in the process of refunding customers' money. The problems happened as a result of a technical "glitch" during a systems upgrade, he said. Customers trying to get assistance can call 407-939-7734.

Members say double charges and incorrect amounts of money have been taken from their accounts this week.

Compounding the problems, the account website was down for two days. On Thursday afternoon, it became operational again.

Customers say they feel frustrated, even infuriated, by the Walt Disney Co.'s response.

Eric Effros of Las Vegas said his bank account was wiped out after an extra $305 was taken from his account this week, on top of the regular $360 that normally gets withdrawn on the first of each month.

Effros said he has called the company every day but still has not received a refund. "These guys don't care," he said.

Disney said people who have had insufficient-funds charges as a result of the problem can contact the company for help.

Disney would not say how many people had problems with their accounts. The company said it has begun contacting affected customers and plans to get in touch with all of them.

Maria Belak of Columbus, Ohio, said that as of Thursday afternoon she had heard nothing from Disney even though she had an extra $80 withdrawn from her account Tuesday.

"That's the part that's most frustrating. Even if you're working on the situation, just send out an email: 'Hey, we're trying to fix it,'" Belak said.

[email protected] or 407-420-5240
"

faline
06-19-2015, 08:51 AM
I saw that news report this morning as well. Folks should be sure to check their Disney accounts and also their bank balances as soon as they are able. If Disney removed too much from your bank account, you should also contact them if you incur any fees due to this error.