PDA

View Full Version : How is Disneyland as a solo?

PopPhan
06-17-2015, 10:32 PM
Made plans to visit where it all began in early December this year. Just wanting to now how many have done this trip solo and how it worked out.

Staying at Paradise Pier for 5 nights and taking a day trip up to Universal, but the rest of the time will be dedicated to doing just as much as I can in DLR and DCA.

Thanks for all your input!!!

CleveSJM
06-18-2015, 07:59 AM
Did it twice and loved it. You have a lot of time so it should be fantastic. Take it slow. Soak it in. Casually chat up folks that seem like they want to talk. Especially any castmembers from back PA way. You'll have a great time.

magicofdisney
06-18-2015, 09:38 AM
My very first trip to Disneyland two years ago was solo. I LOVED it. As a mom of four, I'm always on their schedules when we visit WDW. It was fantastic doing every thing as I pleased, when I pleased, and how I pleased. It so different from WDW, and yet so familiar. I think you'll enjoy it greatly. :mickey:

Melanie
06-18-2015, 09:40 AM
Do a tour!!! Going solo is a perfect opportunity for that. Walk in Walt's Footsteps really immerses you in Walt's presence at that park. Highly recommended. Otherwise, you'll have plenty of time to take it all in. I'm quite jealous!

BrowncatP
06-18-2015, 07:29 PM
Paradise Pier is a nice hotel. It does have the longest walk to DL, but you go through Downtown Disney. If you are on the park side of the hotel you will love your view. Remember the hotel entrance for DCA, less people.

BriarRose0708
06-19-2015, 09:59 AM
I love doing a park solo. Will be doing this for my first time at DL as well in 2 weeks!! I like being able to ride what I want, when I want, and it's great that DL has so many single rider lines. Finding a spot for 1 person at a show is much easier than for 4 or even 2 sometimes. It's easier to squeeze onto the end of a bench or find a small spot on the curb to watch a parade. Some folks feel awkward eating solo. It's taken me a while to get over that. If you like quick service, I will typically grab a tray of food and find a small table - again, easier! No stalking 4 tops! - and read or make notes on my phone about what I've done so far that day. I might make a phone call or two or browse Facebook or just plain people watch. Dining in a sit-down place can feel more weird so I will often book a buffet since all you have to do is get in the line and then eat at your table, no awkward pauses waiting for food to be brought to you. If you like character meals, the attendants will take your pictures for you. People do parks solo all the time, so the CMs are used to it and won't judge you or treat you any differently than groups or families. Have so much fun!!!