PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky advertisers

Cinderelley
06-17-2015, 03:37 AM
I will be home in a week for my birthday. My daughter told me that she wanted to take me out to dinner and asked where I wanted to go. I told her that I had been craving Boston Market lately for some reason. Tonight, I just realized Boston Market is one of the advertisements that pops up on Intercot. :shake:

DizneyRox
06-17-2015, 06:17 AM
You mentioned it in email?

Gmail is a blessing and a curse. Doesn't bother me so much anymore, adblockers wipe out most of that anyway.

John
06-17-2015, 09:49 AM
You mentioned it in email?

Gmail is a blessing and a curse. Doesn't bother me so much anymore, adblockers wipe out most of that anyway.

It also wipes away most of the revenue that drives this site. If you care about small publishers like INTERCOT - I would hope you at least don't block our ads. Without $$, we turn out the lights here and power down the server.

However, in Cinderelley's case, I wasn't clear whether the complaint was that she was thinking it and then it showed up or that it was in an email and then it showed up.

Cinderelley
06-17-2015, 10:21 AM
I was having a text conversation with my daughter. I told her I had been craving it, and then I saw the ad for it here on Intercot. It made me wonder if I had been noticing it subconsciously for the last week or so, and that was what started my craving. If not, they read my mind and threw it up there. :P

Fangorn
06-17-2015, 10:52 AM
It also wipes away most of the revenue that drives this site. If you care about small publishers like INTERCOT - I would hope you at least don't block our ads. Without $$, we turn out the lights here and power down the server.

I do my best to remember to click through on at least one ad every day. Gotta support the site!

Steve

BrerGnat
06-17-2015, 05:17 PM
I am convinced Google can read my mind. I have had way too many weird experiences where they totally autofill my searches almost exactly as I was going to type them.

Cinderelley
06-17-2015, 06:29 PM
I do my best to remember to click through on at least one ad every day. Gotta support the site!

Steve

Do you have to click on them for the Intercot to get credit?

conan617
06-18-2015, 11:37 AM
I understand the Disney ads and I don't mind the credit card, financial institution or even Jimmy Johns. What I don't understand and can't figure out why I'm seeing them is the Spanx underwear ads lol.

Cinderelley
06-18-2015, 12:07 PM
I understand the Disney ads and I don't mind the credit card, financial institution or even Jimmy Johns. What I don't understand and can't figure out why I'm seeing them is the Spanx underwear ads lol.

Lol I haven't seen that.