PDA

View Full Version : Water shoes needed?

tinxmom
06-16-2015, 04:56 PM
We are going next week. How necessary are water shoes? I am assuming that the pavement (once you leave your flip flops in a cubby at the beginning of a ride) will be burning hot at the end of June. Am I correct? Teens don't want to wear them, but I am thinking I better pack them!!!

BrerGnat
06-16-2015, 05:01 PM
I wear them but my kids don't. They are kind of a pain because you have to take them off on the slides. Mostly the pavement is either wet or shaded. I just have very tender feet which is why I wear them.

Disney4us2
06-16-2015, 05:10 PM
I don't wear them at Typhoon Lagoon. I do wear them in the wave pool at Blizzard Beach. The bottom of that pool is very pokey on my feet. There are water jets at both parks to keep the walk way wet so feet won't get hot.

tinxmom
06-16-2015, 05:10 PM
Hmmm. Interesting - I had heard the pavement was scorching hot. Good to know.

chefmickey3
06-16-2015, 05:43 PM
We brought them our first year at TL. They were a hassle. We have not taken them since that first time.

Jforrest2
06-17-2015, 07:29 AM
Put us in the group that took them the first time and never again. We will also be there next week! Only three days till we get there!

honeybear
06-17-2015, 11:31 AM
I think I am confused. Can you wear water shoes on the slides? If so then I say Water shoes. They will thank you later. The pavement is hot.

Speedy1998
06-17-2015, 12:30 PM
I think I am confused. Can you wear water shoes on the slides? If so then I say Water shoes. They will thank you later. The pavement is hot.

Depends on the slide. Some you can, some you have to take them off.

Speedy1998
06-17-2015, 12:37 PM
How necessary are water shoes?

I think that depends on the person. How tender or tough are your feet?

Personally, I would not dream of going to a water park without water shoes. Last time I went without water shoes I had so many sores on the bottom of my feet I could barely walk the next day.

Pally
06-17-2015, 03:15 PM
We definitely used them. It can't hurt to take them. If you don't use them no biggie. But, that concrete can get really hot. It was so hot when we were there (BB) we actually put on light colored tee shirts to help keep from burning. I couldn't believe how many people huge blistering burns and still did not put on a shirt. Their skin was in unbelievable condition.:(

vicster
06-17-2015, 03:59 PM

If you're going to a water park the sand is scorching hot - I would definitely take water shoes.

BrerGnat
06-17-2015, 05:13 PM
Last time we wore water shoes we had to take them off on EVERY slide at BB.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Yes, take them! We actually just used our crocs, and held them on the slides that wouldn't let us keep them on.

DD tried not wearing them, but quickly changed her mind, the pavement and sand were just too hot for the bottom of her feet.

tinxmom
06-18-2015, 07:06 AM
Thanks everyone - I'm packing them!