PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland questions

Urbss
06-15-2015, 04:37 PM
I have 2 questions regarding TiW.

First, we purchased the TiW card on our trip last fall in my wife's name. We both got AP's on that trip, visited again about a month ago and will be heading down again in Sept. Our APs will expire on our last day on site.

So, I was wondering, if we were contemplating a trip again for 2016 (we are not going to be renewing our AP's when they expire in Sept) could I purchase a TiW card in my name in Sept that would be good for a year from the date of purchase even though I would no longer have an AP?

Second, we are planning on having our two boys go to a Child Care activity center on one of the evening during our visit. We originally thought about booking them in the one at the Wilderness lodge since we are staying at the FW campgrounds. Then we would go to Epcot for a few hours while we have some adult time. Since we have the TiW card, we can get free valet parking if we eat at a resort that takes TiW so we were thinking maybe we could get valet parking at the Beach Club, make reservations for our boys at their Child Care Activity Center and grab something to eat before strolling over to World Showcase. My question is, can you go to a lounge that accepts TiW (such as Martha's Vineyards), have a drink and maybe an appetizer and still get the free valet parking? Also, how long can you leave your vehicle in the valet parking lot? Is there a limit?

Again, thanks to all of you that answer these types of questions!!

Tom

faline
06-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Because of the way Tables in Wonderland works, it often has a different expiration date than the date on your annual pass. I would guess you could purchase another card when it expires as long as your annual pass is still in effect. However, I thought the TIW card typically does not expire until after your annual pass expires - at least that's my recollection.

I'm not sure what the requirements are for the free valet parking as I've never used it. Hopefully, someone who has first hand knowledge will be along soon.

EpcotFan182
06-15-2015, 10:33 PM
As far as your first question, I think as long as you have an active AP at the time of purchase of TiW you should be fine. I purchased my AP in Oct of 2014 and my TiW in March of 2015 so my AP is going to expire before my TiW does.

I've never used valet but someone should be along soon to help!

VWL Mom
06-16-2015, 05:26 AM
I believe TIW valet is three hour with copy of dining receipt.

TinkerbellT421
07-04-2015, 11:16 AM
If you have an active ap when you purchase the Tiw card then you're good. The tiw card expires 12-13 months depending on the time of the month your purchasing it. So the ap and Tiw will not have the same expiration.

Disney_Barbie
07-06-2015, 01:29 PM
If you have an active ap when you purchase the Tiw card then you're good.

I second this. We often get APs for every other year, but travel to wdw multiple times (even on our non-ticket years) . We do a LOT of signature dining, so always keep an active TiW card. We always purchase a new year's membership on the last day of our ticketed trip (which once was the very day our APs were set to expire) that way we have it for our ticket-less year.