PDA

View Full Version : End of September Trip

NJGIRL
06-15-2015, 08:29 AM
We are going the end of September and I too am a little concerned with the heat and humidity. I had read somewhere that it is the most humid in the morning and too avoid mornings...Is that true?

It's almost time to make our fast passes and game plan so I guess my question is should we avoid the park in the morning or afternoon? When is it the most humid and hot?

We have gone at the second week in October before and it was nice weather so when I booked the end of Sept I didn't think the weather would be that bad...but I have been reading otherwise.

Cinderelley
06-15-2015, 09:30 AM
Keep in mind that I come from Phoenix, so "hot" to me is very different than your "hot" probably is . . .
I love going at the end of September to the beginning of October. I never find it too hot or humid. One year, I remember leaving my hotel room early in the morning and steam was rising off of the resort pool due to the air being so cold. If you are concerned with it being too hot, I would recommend getting to the parks early and then taking a break in the afternoon when it will be warmer. I did cool off quite a bit when the thunderstorms would roll through too though.

faline
06-15-2015, 09:41 AM
I like the weather at this time of year. Yes, it can still be humid but it's far more manageable than, say, early August. If I found things too warm for my liking, I'd go to the parks early and head out for some rest and relaxation mid-day and then return to the parks in the evening. Also, parks tend to be less crowded first thing in the morning and you can get quite a lot done in those first few hours of the day.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-15-2015, 11:41 AM
We've been in early September, and early October, so book-ending when you'll be there.

Mornings are humid, but we found the whole day still to be fairly humid, and the afternoon was MUCH warmer than the morning. I agree with Faline, head out to the parks in the morning, and then head back in the afternoon for a swim when it gets crazy warm!

AgentC
06-15-2015, 12:04 PM
Mornings are definitely humid , however I find that the lower morning temperatures and the lower sun make it more pleasant than the heat and full on sun later in the day. The temperatures don't start to drop until the sun goes down so I like to take advantage of the morning temps.

conan617
06-15-2015, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't avoid the morning because of humidity. The morning is the best time to be in the parks from a wait time standpoint. I found it to be more humid late afternoon after the typical afternoon rain shower.

September is my favorite time to go and we may be there around the same time.
I didn't find the weather to be any more uncomfortable in September than summer time here in WI. Maybe you are reading about humidity from folks that are trying to keep the crowd level down for their vacation. In that case, avoid September at all costs! It is way too hot and humid. Go at Christmas time when the weather is cooler.

NJGIRL
06-15-2015, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't avoid the morning because of humidity. The morning is the best time to be in the parks from a wait time standpoint. I found it to be more humid late afternoon after the typical afternoon rain shower.

September is my favorite time to go and we may be there around the same time.
I didn't find the weather to be any more uncomfortable in September than summer time here in WI. Maybe you are reading about humidity from folks that are trying to keep the crowd level down for their vacation. In that case, avoid September at all costs! It is way too hot and humid. Go at Christmas time when the weather is cooler.

Funny....:D

Thanks everyone...I was having a hard time processing that the mornings would be worse than the afternoon...My problem is that I don't like to travel back and forth and usually don't go back in once I leave. I guess I will have to check the schedule to see if it is worth going back and forth. I only problem is that my niece doesn't get to go often so she probably won't want to leave.

Disney Doll
06-18-2015, 08:29 AM
We've been in late Sept once and never again. I'm from OK where triple digit summers are to be expected, but the FL humidity makes such a difference. I was sweating from head to toe practically all day which just wasn't enjoyable. However, we did find a few ways to make it somewhat more tolerable. I found that light sundresses were actually cooler than shorts. We also brought handheld fans which made a huge difference. We didn't know about these at the time, but we saw several other people with the gel filled neck bananas that you soak in cold water and wear. People swore by those.

I would definitely recommend a split day with early mornings, afternoon breaks, and evenings back in the park. We were able to get our kids on board with that plan because it allows for plenty of pool time each day.

Any trip is doable so long as you know what you're getting into. Good luck!