PDA

View Full Version : Wearing a dress on the rides???!!!

disneyjo46
06-14-2015, 08:03 PM
Ok, I know this is and odd question, but I am wondering which rides would not accomodate wearing a dress? I know some of the lap bars go between the legs. Any hints would be appreciated!

faline
06-15-2015, 06:48 AM
I don't tend to go into the parks wearing a dress but my daughter wears almost exclusively dresses all the time. She wore dresses to the parks and I don't recall she had any problems on any of the rides we did.

Disney4us2
06-15-2015, 07:56 AM
Never wore a dress to the parks. If I was wearing a casual dress, I would wear shorts underneath the dress. Just to avoid any awkward boarding / un boarding incidents.:blush:

lawgirl
06-15-2015, 09:22 AM
I wear dresses/skirts alot, and I don't remember ever having any real issues. I'm thinking Space Mountain might be a little awkward, but I think I wore a dress last time we went.

disneyjo46
06-15-2015, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the info! I find a casual dress to be cooler than shorts or capris. At the age now where I don't want to show as much leg!!!

sonamae80
06-15-2015, 10:06 AM
I wear casual dresses and haven't had a problem at all. I usually wear maxi dresses though, and they cover most. This trip, I'll be wearing a skort that I got - but it's not like the skorts we used to wear as kids - it's a full skirt with spandex shorts underneath it. Very comfortable! :)

disneymom15
06-15-2015, 10:35 AM
My daughter and I wear dresses or skirts most days. Have never had any problems with any rides. It's a bit tricky getting out of the ride vehicle on Space Mountain, other than that, you should be good to go..

SurferStitch
06-15-2015, 12:29 PM
I've worn a few dresses over the past few years with no ride issues, but will probably wear more on our next trip. They are just so comfy, easy to put on and accessorize, and look so nice in photos. I pretty much live in dresses when I'm not at work (can't wear dresses as an engineer in the plant).

I will probably stick to shorter dresses that dress down easily. Maybe a maxi or two.

Disney Doll
06-18-2015, 08:40 AM
I wear sundresses a lot and it's never been a problem. I typically ride everything and can't think of a time it was ever a problem. My dresses are almost always just above the knee and loose fitting. If you had a short skirt or a longer skirt that was more form fitting it may limit your movement. I think astro orbiter is the trickiest because you have to climb up into the ride vehicle and straddle the seat. I typically ride that one with a kid seated between my legs and even then I've not had a problem. Not every dress is Disney friendly, but you can get by with just about anything in the right dress.

ANG
06-18-2015, 08:24 PM
I've worn dresses many times to WDW! Just put on a very thin pair of shorts on underneath. Walmart has some great meshy ones that don't add bulk and good in the heat