PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - June 30-July 16, 2015

Strmchsr
06-13-2015, 07:26 AM
I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Tuesday pm, June 30, 2015
Looks like the high will make 92 today. Rain chances for tomorrow through Tuesday look like standard summer fare. Just hit and miss sea breeze thunderstorms popping up in the afternoon each day. About a 40% chance of one moving over your location. The high tomorrow through Friday will be 92-94 then 91-93 for Saturday through Tuesday.

Long range...July 8-16 should be more of the same. Highs in the low to mid 90s with a chance of a brief, but intense, thunderstorm each afternoon.

Travel Issues :drive::plane:
Atlanta, Philadelphia, and NYC are delayed with thunderstorms this afternoon. The best chance for delays tomorrow will be over MO, IL, KY, and TN as well as up around NYC and Philadelphia.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here (http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Turbulent-air-travel-nothing-to-fear-4058671.php) and here (http://www.askcaptainlim.com/-fear-of-flying-flying-48.html) to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Tropics :fan:
All is very quiet, and tropical storm formation is not expected through the weekend across the vast Atlantic basin.

andypooh
06-13-2015, 09:33 AM
Great having your forecasts back
We will be heading down to the World in 7 days!!!

disneymom15
06-13-2015, 09:37 AM
Welcome back, glad you had an awesome trip.
Hammer(Christine) filled in for you a couple of days. She did a great job.

Gregandmel
06-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Hope your vacation was awesome!! Glad to have you back doing your reports. We leave on 6/27 so hoping for a normal summer weather pattern!