PDA

View Full Version : June 22-29

FenwayGirl
06-11-2015, 12:19 PM
Going to the World in June for the first time ever!

Can anyone tell me how it really is both weather and crowd wise.

BrerGnat
06-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Um, hot, humid, afternoon thunderstorms. Crowded.

That should about sum it up.

FenwayGirl
06-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Just what I suspected...never go in the summer, but it is a milestone birthday for me and I have NEVER spent my birthday at WDW...Oh well, I will enjoy it despite the heat and crowds.

lawgirl
06-11-2015, 06:36 PM
You'll have fun! I think there are some other posts on here regarding surviving WDW in the heat. I would plan on early mornings at the parks, then head back to your resort to rest or swim when the heat gets to be too much. Then head back out once the sun goes down. I love summer nights at WDW. I've been in June and August and its HOT, but mornings and evenings are not that bad. We're going in July and I know its going to be hot and humid. But still fun. Happy birthday!

Stay hydrated!

AgentC
06-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Pretty much May through Sept is hot and humid. Late June really won't be significantly hotter than it is now. It looks like most of your trips have been in May so unless you've been lucky enough to visit when it is a cool May, you should be fine. We are already in the later afternoon shower routine in Florida.

Crowd wise summer is more crowded but it is so variable and everyone's comfort level is different is different.

Just hydrate, try to stay out of the sun in the hottest part of the day if possible and have patience and you will be fine.

FenwayGirl
06-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Thanks for all the tips. When I was there last May it was also in the mid 90's...

#1donaldfan
06-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Hot and humid, but very nice. We typically always go in or around June. We rope drop, do what we want before the park gets too crowded, then head back to resort to relax, swim, nap. We will clean up a bit and head out to another park for the evening.....and dinner somewhere !! Heading down June 25th thru July 5. I cannot wait !!!!:mickey:

FenwayGirl
06-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Me either...My birthday is actually June 25th...MY Diamond birthday celebration...always meant to spend it at DL...oh well, maybe 65?

dreamcatcher
06-12-2015, 02:56 PM
Hope you have a wonderful birthday trip and maybe a cool spell will pass through.
I am hoping that because my trip also is June 22 to 29. Also my first time in
June. I have been there is August when it was HOT but not so crowded.
I can't help but look forward to this trip because it's Disney after all. But i have
some concerns about the heat and crowds, as you do. My plan is to just go with
the flow. If it's too much I will just head for the resort. We have our FP in hand
to make sure we get on all the rides we love at least once. I think as long as you
know what to expect you'll be fine. Oh, and we are also celebrating a birthday on
the 24th - but I've got you beat in years! Here's wishing us both a trip to
remember in the most positive way

FenwayGirl
06-14-2015, 06:36 PM
Thanks dreamcatcher...the 24th was my Mother's birthday. Have a great trip. We too have FP for our must do's...the rest will take care of itself..like you state...after all it is Disney :):party:

FenwayGirl
07-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Back from my first summer trip..Not as bad as I expected. The weather was great (only one short storm on day one) and the crowds were not bad at all