PDA

View Full Version : FP+ and room only

Figment52
06-09-2015, 11:19 PM
We have park hoppers that were purchased a few years ago that we never used. The way I am understanding the whole FP+ thing is that you NEED tickets attached to your room in order to make the 60 day reservations. How would I add those tickets to a room only reservation in order to book FP+?

And if I end up booking through Magical Journeys, rather than thru the Disney page myself, would that complicate matters? I mean, could I still access the Disney site and do all of the ADRs, FP+, ect if I didn't do the actual room reservation?

It's been 4 years since our last trip and all of this new information is confusing!

AndrewJackson
06-10-2015, 05:51 AM
You can add the tickets, by either scanning them or typing in the serial number, inno the My Disney Experince App or the website. It's not difficult at all.

If you have issues, you can call for assistance. You will need the tickets linked before you can reserve your FP+s.

DizneyRox
06-10-2015, 06:21 AM
Correct, you don't add them to your room, you add them to your My Disney Experience account. You may even need to add you room reservation to your account. Once Disney has all that info it knows how and when to allow you to make FP+ selections and dining reservations.

MJ will provide you with the info you need to do the setup. I believe you will need to do all the FP+ stuff, a TA can't do any of that.

Melanie
06-10-2015, 07:49 AM
As AJ and Rox said, it's easy. First you need to link your room reservation via My Disney Experience, and then add the tickets. It may take a few minutes clicking through all the choices for adding stuff, but you'll get it in no time.

Sylvia
06-10-2015, 09:14 AM
As already stated, it's an easy process. I'm an Annual Passholder, and I never book a package. My adult nephew always purchases a 10-day park hopper ticket.

Once our rooms were booked through MJ (Wendy) I added the room reservations to our MDE accounts.

My AP is already in the system, so it is linked. My nephew's ticket for our upcoming trip was ordered from the OTC and I added it to his MDE account.

When we reach the 60-day mark, we'll be set to choose our FP+.

VAdizneefan
06-10-2015, 10:01 AM
I believe you will need to do all the FP+ stuff, a TA can't do any of that.

A TA can actually do all of the dining and FastPasses for their clients. :)