PDA

View Full Version : just back from WL, CSR, SSR

Crow
06-09-2015, 08:49 PM
love the lodge but my view really was bad again..4th floor smokehouse view..over back truck area. ive had this view before and didnt like it. so i dont know if i can stay there again for the price if i got that view. Artist Pt was great of course and Territory Lounge. buses had a long wait a few times and they went to FW first before the park. boat was good.
CSR was good, but was only there one night. i asked for and received casitas building 5
SSR was really big, lots of walking even though we got the Paddock and wasnt too far from main building. room was nice. turtles, fish, eel in the lake. ate at Artists Palette once and ok for quick service. boat to DD or walk wasnt far. I dont think i would stay there again over other resorts. was closer than i thought via bus to Epcot and MK

mydisneygirls
06-16-2015, 02:18 PM
I too had that view once! I went down to the front desk and asked if the resort was sold out. When they told me no, I said great --- I'd like a room that doesn't look at dumpters or utility trucks. Granted I had booked a standard view, but for the amount of money I was paying a night to stay at a deluxe, I was not going to look at dumpters. There are better views than that at moderates or values!!! They moved my room and it was fine. I don't know why they don't build something over this area and make a courtyard with benches and trees to cover it up.

JanetMegan
06-17-2015, 09:20 AM
Ahh the dumpster view at WL, I know it well. I can also tell you that's where the emergency generators are for this resort as we found out the hard way last Fall in a middle of the night power outage.

Crow
06-19-2015, 12:55 AM
guess I should have asked