PDA

View Full Version : Be Our Guest

KarenP
06-09-2015, 04:41 PM
I'll be eating here for the first time later this month. I'm not sure what to order for lunch. I'd love suggestions from anyone who has been!

Fangorn
06-09-2015, 06:03 PM
I'll be eating here for the first time later this month. I'm not sure what to order for lunch. I'd love suggestions from anyone who has been!

Karen,

the potato-leek soup was really good. The French onion soup was *eh*.

I enjoyed the Croque Monsieur sandwich (ham and cheese). DW had the braised pork. She said it was very good.

The soup was the best part of the meal.

Have fun!

Steve

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-09-2015, 09:32 PM
My DD loves the French onion soup, and I've enjoyed the Croque Monsieur and Turkey Baguette.

DH had the braised pork and it was good, while Tuna Niçoise Salad was only "OK".

eandrsmom
06-09-2015, 10:37 PM
The potato and leek soup was very good. My daughter had the Croque Monsieur sandwich and said it was good. My husband said that the roast beef with horseradish sandwich was very dry. I actually had the kids meal meatloaf with veggies and it was very good. I ordered the kids meal because I wanted the soup and I knew that I HAD to have dessert. Everyone at our table ordered dessert, and each was delicious. I had the one with the Grey Stuff, my kids had the Triple Chocolate cupcake, and my niece had the cream puff.

MNNHFLTX
06-10-2015, 12:13 AM
The braised pork is amazing. Seriously . My son, who ordered the Croque Monsieur tried some of my braised pork and agreed it was great.

Tink1
06-10-2015, 09:17 AM
I agree that the beef was a bit dry, but I am a rare/medium rare person so thought it was just me.

I had hoped the desserts would be better since they looked amazing, but most fell short.

Nanc

BrerGnat
06-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Potato leek soup was great!

I had the beef sandwich and mine was very juicy and the beef was a nice medium. My friend had the braised pork dish and it was great but kind of rich for a hot day.

The strawberry cream cheese cupcake was among the best cupcakes I have ever had.

I really enjoyed my lunch here.

disneymom15
06-10-2015, 09:40 AM
Daughter and I usually each order french onion soup,(love it) and split the carved prime chuck roast sandwich(love it also). The carved turkey sandwich is also very good. Have tried the croque monsieur, it's ok, a bit soggy in my opinion. A friend drove down and joined us one day, she had the vegetable quiche and said it was very good. The green beans as a side dish are also very good.

Hammer
06-10-2015, 09:56 AM
I had the braised pork and the french onion soup and I liked both very much. I would make an ADR to eat lunch there just for these 2 dishes. The cupcakes didn't wow me.

Sylvia
06-10-2015, 10:40 AM
I had the braised pork and the french onion soup and I liked both very much. I would make an ADR to eat lunch there just for these 2 dishes. The cupcakes didn't wow me.

We have 2 lunch ADRs for our upcoming trip and I'm planning to order the braised pork for one or maybe both meals. :blush: Thanks for your comments.

Pally
06-10-2015, 11:08 AM
I was interested in the Quinoa salad. I love it. Has nobody tried this yet.:(

Speedy1998
06-10-2015, 12:58 PM
My favorite was is the Roast Beef with Horseradish sandwich.

Figment52
06-11-2015, 01:11 AM
If Be Our Guest is a quick service at lunch, does that mean I don't need to make an ADR? I'm confused because I read somewhere else that people had their lunches brought to their table, but if it's quick service wouldn't you get it at the counter when you pay?

Tink1
06-11-2015, 09:02 AM
Be Our Guest is kind of a hybrid quick service. While they do some walk ups, you are best off getting a reservation.

You pre-order through My Disney Experience or at the kiosk after entering the restaurant. You are then given a "rose" which is tied to your order and transmits your location.

Go in, grab a table in whichever room you wish and help yourself to the drink station.

In a little bit your food will be delivered to you at the table.

They take the "rose" back.

Enjoy !

Nanc

Hammer
06-11-2015, 10:26 AM
I have found that they don't always give you the rose anymore if you have a Magic Band. When I ate there in November, I wasn't given a rose, but they found me anyway :D !

Tink1
06-11-2015, 11:04 AM
I have found that they don't always give you the rose anymore if you have a Magic Band. When I ate there in November, I wasn't given a rose, but they found me anyway :D !

It didn't look like a rose anyway, which is why I put it in " " LOL

Ours was a black box with a rose imprint on it.

Guess they thought people would take an actual rose.

N

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-11-2015, 11:46 AM
I was actually pretty disappointed with the "rose". Ours looked like a red hockey puck. Geesh!

Of course, it doesn't matter with MB, they find you anyways!

tjstrike
06-12-2015, 05:29 AM
I would skip the croque monsieur, mine was pressed flat as a pancake and over done. I had the eau claire for dessert, it was good. And they don't give out the rose if you have magic bands.

Goes4FastPass
06-12-2015, 12:50 PM
I read somewhere that BOG Lunch does NOT accept ANY walk-ups now because they are 100% ADRs at lunch time. I tend to believe this because I would expect the demand for ADRs for BOG Lunch to be huge.
AND
I am DELIGHTED that ADRs can be made for BOG Lunch. The walk up wait has been L O N G.

awaggett
06-12-2015, 02:50 PM
I have really enjoyed the tuna nicoise salad (a few times) and the turkey sandwich. I also love the green beans! Cupcakes were good, but on small side.

KarenP
06-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Hmmmm....I was going to order the potatoes but I love the green beans so maybe I will have to go for them instead!