PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness Wifi

AndrewJackson
06-09-2015, 10:45 AM
We are arriving on Saturday, June 13. What is the current status of wifi at the Fort? Do we need to get a WAP from the feont desk, or is there sufficient wifi coverage throughout the campground?

We are staying in a camper in loop 100, 200, or 300. Last time, we had a dedicated WAP in our cabin. Thanks.

faline
06-09-2015, 11:47 AM
From the Disney website:

Staying at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort? They're Internet friendly too. Cable modem kits provide complimentary high-speed Internet access, while select Wi-Fi hotspots can be found within common areas. Please pick up your cable modem kit at Meadow Trading Post; a refundable deposit is required.

Urbss
06-15-2015, 04:07 PM
When they say "cable modem kit" does that mean a WiFi router for your RV or does it require a device being plugged in.

Although we could use one of our laptops if it requires a network (or whatever) cable, it would be nice to have WiFi in our RV for our Kindles and my son's Apple devices.

Wilderness guy
06-19-2015, 09:10 PM
What you get is a plug in modem with all of the cables you need to plug into your RV TV and your laptop. It does not plug into your tablet (eg iPad) and it is not wireless, and the good folks at the Meadows will dutifully warn you of that fact. Now, if you are a little computer savvy, you can do what I do. I carry an Apple Airport Express and plug the modem into it. I use the Airport Express to create my own secure wireless network. That works like a charm.

Urbss
06-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Thanks, I have a CrystalView wifi extender that I use here at the house so that I can access the WiFi on the far side of the house. I think that it would essentially do the same thing as the Apple Airport Express that you mentioned. I'll give it a try!!