PDA

View Full Version : Dining

PirateLover
06-08-2015, 10:15 PM
As I mentioned in previous posts, we are pretty clueless when it comes to Universal. The last visit we just kind of ate wherever. Are there some good restaurants we should check out? Our in-laws who will be joining us like a nice dinner, so I would like to do a slightly more upscale meal one evening (not looking for anything SUPER fancy since we'll have a one year old as well). Do I need to make reservations in advance ala Disney or will I be fine with walk ups?

NJGIRL
06-11-2015, 02:57 PM
You don't have to made reservations a 180 days in advance, but I would make reservations so you don't have to wait. I usually make mine 30 days in advance.

If you are going to be in the parks Mythos has won best theme park restaurant many, many times. The hotels have very nice restaurants too. The Royal Pacific has Emeril's and the Palm is in the Hard Rock. We really like Finnegans but I wouldn't call it upscale, it's a pub. :D Confisco's has become another favorite of ours, but again it's casual. CityWalk has a ton of restaurants and we like Margaritaville for the fun...Bob Marleys was great for something different.

DizneyFreak2002
06-11-2015, 02:58 PM
I've used Open Table (the site and the app) to book CityWalk dining before... like Rita said, 30 days in advance... I believe Open Tables lets you book 60 days out, but don't hold me to that LOL...

NJGIRL
06-11-2015, 03:06 PM
I've used Open Table (the site and the app) to book CityWalk dining before... like Rita said, 30 days in advance... I believe Open Tables lets you book 60 days out, but don't hold me to that LOL...

I think you are right about the 60 days.....I only use Open Table for Universal dining now because it's so easy....their dining reservation system was terrible before they got onto Open Table.....not sure if you can even call for dining anymore.

eandrsmom
06-22-2015, 12:04 AM
We had lunch at Mythos a few weeks ago, and it was really good. I have to admit that I was very pleased with the variety and food quality. I had the risotto of the day, and it was outstanding. -A refreshing surprise for theme park dining.

NJGIRL
06-22-2015, 06:50 PM
We had lunch at Mythos a few weeks ago, and it was really good. I have to admit that I was very pleased with the variety and food quality. I had the risotto of the day, and it was outstanding. -A refreshing surprise for theme park dining.

That's how I felt about Bob Marley's when we went back in April. :thumbsup: