PDA

View Full Version : Living in Japan

DisneyMelissa
06-07-2015, 03:15 PM
Hello everyone!

I just found out that I am going to be stationed in Okinawa, Japan starting later this year! I am still in shock from the news. Of course, the first thing I googled was to find out information about Tokyo Disneyland :mickey: That will definitely be a trip I'll start planning ASAP!

I was wondering if anyone has had an extended stay or possibly lived in Okinawa before. I'm trying to find info on what it's like to live there, how traveling to the mainland is, any helpful advice, etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Also, any info about Tokyo Disneyland is very welcome as well :thumbsup:

Looks like I only have a few more months to visit WDW, so I'll be heading down there within a few weeks! :mickey:

John
06-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Just forwarded this thread on to Melanie - hopefully she will be along soon ;)

Melanie
06-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Melissa, I remember feeling that very same way when we got orders to Okinawa - shock!!! We lived there from '06-'09, and in fact my hubby is leaving in a month to head back over there for 2 years unaccompanied. Our sons are in high school, and although it will be tough being separated, we just couldn't pull them out and have them graduating high school over there, and them being in college over here and us over there. :nono:

Anyway, we should chat! I may not be the best person to talk to about the joys of living on Okinawa (I didn't love it like so many do), but I will be real. :blush: And we visited Tokyo Disneyland 3 times while we lived there. It. Is. Incredible. We are planning an extended vacation next summer to visit my hubby, and I can't tell you how excited I am to go back to TDL. We learned a lot about hotel options, etc. and how things are done just a bit differently with tickets and such. But overall, easy and the Japanese people are so nice and accommodating.

So shoot me a message if you want to chat more. I'll be happy to talk! :sumo:

Melanie
06-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Just forwarded this thread on to Melanie - hopefully she will be along soon ;)

I was already replying. :razz:

John
06-07-2015, 06:46 PM
I was already replying. :razz:

You're good Bounds - very good. LOL.

BrerGnat
06-07-2015, 06:52 PM
You're good Bounds - very good. LOL.

Mel has spidey sense for the phrase "Tokyo Disneyland."

DisneyMelissa
06-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Thank you so much! I will definitely be messaging you, Melanie! :)

TheDuckRocks
06-08-2015, 12:56 PM
I love Intercot! It seems we always have someone on board who can chime in with helpful advice.

DisneyMelissa
06-08-2015, 09:13 PM
I love Intercot! It seems we always have someone on board who can chime in with helpful advice.

Yes! It is awesome :) :mickey:

princessgirls
06-09-2015, 10:29 AM
May God bless you and your family as you relocate!

Thankful for all your sacrifice for our great nation!!!!

Julie:mickey:

crazypoohbear
07-03-2015, 03:12 PM
I loved Okinawa! I lived there back in the 60's though! It was the best time ever! The people are very kind and very healthy! they as a group have the longest life span! Go with an open mind, embrace the culture and hit the beaches. You'll be fine. There is a Facebook page called yeah, I lived in Okinawa also!