PDA

View Full Version : Adding MIL for 2-3 days

edwards2301
06-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Our MIL has decided she would like to fly down and visit us for 2-3 days. She'll be flying in to Sanford airport. We are staying at YC. We will not have a car. She wants to know what to do about getting from airport to WDW and if she needs a room. She will be there two nights. She flys in at 9:40 pm. Our vacation starts in less than a month. Any suggestions?!?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Wow! Sounds like a last-minuitish change of plans!

Firstly, she will need to arrange to get from the airport to the hotel. I'd use Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/ratesquotes.asp) (an Intercot sponsor) for that part of the trip.

In terms of the room, it may be up to you. If you're under the max occupancy, and want her to stay with you, you'll be able to add her once you check-in (this is easiest, since if add her before, and you have a package, she will need the same package as you have). Otherwise, she will need to book a room herself (or you could book it for her online).

edwards2301
06-07-2015, 08:08 AM
Sorry I didn't say who all was going. It is myself, DH, DD(10), and DD(6). We might get a room with two beds and a day bed which would work. I did not request it way back when I made the ressies. So if I call now to add her she would have to have our package ?!? Wow she won't want that. How much will it be for her to get to airport and bsck? I am thinking she doesn't want this trip to be expensive. Also what would I do with fast passes I have and dinner ressies?!? I can't drop them. If I did we wouldn't probably get to do those things. just sooo much to think about. I don't think she gets it. If I add her to our room as an "extra" adult won't I also have to pay a change fee since we are so close?!?

DizneyRox
06-07-2015, 09:06 AM
You'll be going from a 4 top table to a 6 top. You might not be able to just show up at some work places (BoG). You can try adding her and if not show up and ask. Don't be upset if the answer is no. I'm not sure if they will charge a no show. You can try the same thing with fast pass, but they are more strict. She won't get in without. She will need tickets now to attempt the fast pass.

DizneyRox
06-07-2015, 09:10 AM
To add her now, she will need the same tickets and dining plan options you guy have if you booked a package. If she just shows up, it's an extra adult ($25 a day last I heard).

edwards2301
06-07-2015, 02:49 PM
I just called to find out what I needed to do. We check in on the 1st and when we do I need to let the CM know that we are going to have an extra guest the following two evenings. I also need to request a room with a day bed when we check in. Then when my MIL arrives we have to be there to check her in. It should cost the $25/day for the extra adult.
So I have emailed her to let her know these specifics. I am not changing my Fast passes or reservations for that day. Just going to go with the flow on those.
Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

:mickey: