PDA

View Full Version : Anything I should know about Caribbean?

Harkleroad
06-05-2015, 04:30 PM
We will be staying the Caribbean this November. We have stayed at the other moderates, but this will be our first time here. Is there anything that I need to know? Pros? Cons? I know that it is a large resort, but we are ok with that. Thanks!

magicofdisney
06-05-2015, 07:18 PM
The one thing that was most surprising to me is that the check-in building does not house the food court and gift shop, or arcade. For some reason this was such a big deal to me. I've never heard anyone else complain so maybe it's just something I don't prefer.

That being said, they do offer a customer service desk in the building that does have the food court, a full restaurant, a gift shop and an arcade.

HTH. :mickey:

markyv
06-05-2015, 07:25 PM
It's our favorite moderate, so enjoy! There is an internal shuttle bus that will take you around the resort, including the custom house(check-in).

Harkleroad
06-05-2015, 10:45 PM
Is there more than one location to refill mugs since the resort is so large?

texas211
06-05-2015, 11:22 PM
Stayed in the 2nd from last building cluster. Was like a 3 day walk back to the food court. If you have a rental, you can drive to the food court area and there is usually plenty of parking. Pirate rooms are cool, but plenty of places for hidden dirt (if that will drive you crazy). Buses on the last building were always full, so, good luck there.

Pools are great though. Try the carribean fare in the food court. Line is shorter and pretty good. Overall, a good place to stay.

Scallywag
06-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Get a preferred room close to everything ( Martinique or Trinidad North ) or you will have a long walk to food court and main pool.

We love it here.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-09-2015, 04:15 PM
It's our favorite moderate, so enjoy! There is an internal shuttle bus that will take you around the resort, including the custom house(check-in).

Along this line, remember that you cannot take luggage on the internal shuttle bus. Its been a while since we've stayed there, but I recall several instances where families were denied boarding because they were going to Custom House (check-in) to catch Magical Express and the driver had to refuse them boarding because they had their luggage with them. Maybe this has changed but be aware of it.

Not my favorite of the Mods, but we stayed in Jamaica and loved the location and enjoyed the resort.

lawgirl
06-28-2015, 04:39 PM
We'll be staying here in a few weeks, with our small kids. And I know its going to be hot! As far as getting to the room after check-in, do you just have to walk? Do they have any kind of transportation, like SS has those golf carts?

lawgirl
06-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Along this line, remember that you cannot take luggage on the internal shuttle bus. Its been a while since we've stayed there, but I recall several instances where families were denied boarding because they were going to Custom House (check-in) to catch Magical Express and the driver had to refuse them boarding because they had their luggage with them. Maybe this has changed but be aware of it.

Not my favorite of the Mods, but we stayed in Jamaica and loved the location and enjoyed the resort.

I'm trying to think through this as don't want to walk a mile with 2 kids and luggage in 100 degree heat. I guess we can leave our luggage at bell services, catch the bus, then call and get our luggage delivered?

Lloyd
06-29-2015, 10:45 AM
We stayed in sept 2014. Thought the place was great. We had two kids at the time didn't mind the walk to the food court arcade or main pool. Although I was disappointed in the food court. I'm trying to find out if hey have any plans to refurbish because we intend to stay at CBR again in May 2016.
We stayed two nights at movies on our last trip,and choose "preferred room" we thought the walk was much farther to there food court area. I even made a suggestion to Disney that they change their "preferred" room pricing to a per room not a per building. At movies for instance toy story is a proffered. We had the room at the furthest possible locale in this building. We could've booked a "standard" in another and been in a "front" room and been much closer.
All luck of the draw is what I'm getting at I guess

Fastpasssteve
07-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Be sure to try the pastries in the food court containing tropicalf fruit fillings. They are great.

TheHD
07-03-2015, 12:55 PM
Is there more than one location to refill mugs since the resort is so large?

When we were there last end of 2009-10, they only had the one refill station at the food court, Centertown.

BIGDOG
07-09-2015, 01:55 PM
We Love the CBR
Coconut post cards in gift shop
Jerk chicken dinner is excellent
Reuben Sandwiches are really good
Bar by the pool makes great long Island Ice Tea's
Free dining plan (kids can order adult meals, food court computers don't notice it)
Watch for Gators in the pond
Newly Reno rooms and pool
nice music playing through out
It was a much nicer resort when we first went at 69.00 per night
But still lots more to do then others

Mitzie
07-17-2015, 11:34 AM
We will be staying at CB for one night before moving over to OKW in Oct. We will be getting in late with our luggage in tow since the flight comes in after 10..We will have my parents and a 4 year old. Will we have to get our luggage from check in to our room? We have stayed once before and I do remember that it is a good size resort.

Susan A
07-20-2015, 09:47 AM
The main pool is well themed. Each "island" has its own quiet pool.