PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century info

xan51090
06-05-2015, 09:35 AM
We're staying at Pop Century this July. We'll have 3 adults in one room. Is there space in a room with 2 doubles to have a twin blow up mattress? Thanks in advance.

Melanie
06-05-2015, 09:43 AM
It can be done, but those rooms are tiny and it will be tight.

CleveSJM
06-05-2015, 10:57 AM
It would be real tight. We've taken a cot and that fits ok but it's still tight.

BrerGnat
06-05-2015, 12:29 PM
I have heard that people do this but I just don't see how it is possible. There is barely room to move around the furniture in those rooms.

BriarRose0708
06-05-2015, 12:51 PM
If you don't have any kind of restrictions or issues with sharing the double beds, that is a much better option than bringing a twin mattress to put between them. Last time I went with 3 in a Pop room we rotated so that at least 1 night out of our stay someone got to have a bed to themselves.

i'm grumpy
06-05-2015, 01:52 PM
There's barely room for a crib/play pen.

#1donaldfan
06-05-2015, 02:19 PM
It can be done, but like mentioned it's gonna be cramped .... but really in all respects the room is to sleep and shower, so why not !! :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
06-06-2015, 04:17 PM
You can do it, but I'm sure part of the air mattress would be under the bed next to it. I wouldn't want to be the one sleeping on it, for sure.

BrerGnat
06-06-2015, 05:25 PM
The beds at Pop are platform beds. Nothing can go under them. That is why I don't see how this can possibly work. The only place it may fit is in the area by the bathroom sink. I sure as heck wouldn't want to be sleeping there.

MNNHFLTX
06-06-2015, 06:47 PM
The beds at Pop are platform beds. Nothing can go under them. That is why I don't see how this can possibly work.You're right, Natalie. I didn't mean literally under the bed, but part of the air bed would be crammed under the overhang of the mattress and bedding.

Katzateer
06-06-2015, 07:01 PM
What we have done with 2 teens in the room is one often takes the two comforters and a blanket and pillow and makes a little nest between the dresser and wall. Now the beds don't have the comforters - just the little quilted thing at base of made bed. That wouldn't do much on the hard floor. There really isn't much extra floor room in the value or moderate resorts.

Once our grls got past the midde school years we couldn't stay in the value resorts. They wouldn't share a bed.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
06-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Been there a number of times............another vote for " it's gonna be tight"

AndrewJackson
06-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Not only will it be tight and uncomfortable to sleep in, it could be downright dangerous in the middle of the night when someone needs to use the restroom. You will literally be stepping on the air mattress to get around, or on their head. :)

WhenUWishUponAStar*
06-17-2015, 12:53 AM
We do this all the time at Pop. We slide the desk over and put the mattress along the wall next to the dresser/tv stand. It's a little tight, but manageable. During the day we lean the mattress on its side against the wall to make a little more room.

LVT
06-19-2015, 08:50 PM
YES, We move the table so the twin inflatable goes along the wall. We stand it up against the wall when not in use. I brought a twin fitted sheet and blanket, but the housekeepers brought blankets/pillow.
We stay for 10-16 days so extra money is better than an extra room.

magicofdisney
06-20-2015, 11:31 AM
We do this all the time at Pop. We slide the desk over and put the mattress along the wall next to the dresser/tv stand. It's a little tight, but manageable. During the day we lean the mattress on its side against the wall to make a little more room.

YES, We move the table so the twin inflatable goes along the wall. We stand it up against the wall when not in use. I brought a twin fitted sheet and blanket, but the housekeepers brought blankets/pillow.
We stay for 10-16 days so extra money is better than an extra room.

We too used to do this often when my youngest didn't count towards the room total. My oldest took his air mattress. We'd move the small table (that's in front of the mirror) between the two beds, near the night stand. Move the two chairs near the head of the bed near the door. Put the air mattress where the table and chairs are. The other thing we did was slide both beds and the night stand toward the bathroom wall. It give a little extra room near the door where you can put a twin air mattress.

So, it can definitely be done. It can be tight, but everyone will have their own bed.