PDA

View Full Version : The Cowfish

Cinderelley
06-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Has anyone eaten here? How was it? There are a lot of seafood lovers in my family, but I can only eat beef. This seems like a good compromise.

Melanie
06-05-2015, 09:44 AM
I know John and Christine have, and I think they both loved it. Hopefully they'll be along soon.

Cinderelley
06-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Thank you Melanie

John
06-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Cowfish is great. Been there four times now.

Burgers are really good as is the sushi. They are known for their combo plates which have both burger sliders and a sushi roll. I've also done the milkshakes which they are known for. The full size burgers are better as the sliders tend to come out well done - and I like a really good burger medium rare.

Atmosphere is modern and fun and the bathrooms (I know) are a hoot. We talked about this on the podcast - try and figure out what they are doing over the speakers ;)

Oh, and there are plenty of adult beverages to choose from.

Have always done this as a walk up and the wait was never more than 15-20 minutes.

Good choice!

Melanie
06-05-2015, 11:39 AM
I so want to go, mainly to try the sushi, but not sure we'll have the opportunity since we'll have club access. Your review sounds great, John!

John
06-05-2015, 11:41 AM
I so want to go, mainly to try the sushi, but not sure we'll have the opportunity since we'll have club access. Your review sounds great, John!

I'm sure you can find time for a snack - go sit at the bar ;)

Cinderelley
06-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Putting it on the must do list. Thanks. :D

Gregandmel
06-06-2015, 02:35 PM
We will be there during a "very busy" time beginning the end of June (leading up to the 4th of July). We are staying on site and really would like to try this - do they take reservations and if not - if we got there around 4:30pm on Saturday do you think the wait would be too long? Sounds like a great time!!

MNNHFLTX
06-06-2015, 03:47 PM
We will be there during a "very busy" time beginning the end of June (leading up to the 4th of July). We are staying on site and really would like to try this - do they take reservations and if not - if we got there around 4:30pm on Saturday do you think the wait would be too long? Sounds like a great time!!
I don't think that the line at 4:30 p.m. will be too long; the wait seemed to be the longest around 6-7 p.m. on a Saturday. My son and I were there in March right around that time and were told it would be 60 minutes for a table and that we could wait in the bar. The bar area downstairs appeared packed as well, but what they don't tell you (at least they didn't for us) is that there is another bar area upstairs and it was much less crowded. In fact, after we snagged chairs there we decided to cancel our table and just eat at the bar. The bar tenders were fun, attentive and they even had an interactive jumbo touchscreen display to play around with while you waited for your food. And the food was amazing, very creative! They had traditional burger and sushi varieties, but they also mixed up elements of each. We had the tropical storm roll (spicy!) and the Doug's filet roll, which was actually made with filet mignon and was wonderful! Just a warning--the appetizer order of edemame is huge--I mean, huge. We could only finish 1/2 of it, so I'm sure it would be the right size for a party of four (a great deal too, for $6).